||Sr. Manager, Virtualization (VMware)
||The Virtualization Manager (VMware) provides leadership of the VMware engineering team (currently 6 engineers) ensuring the on time, on budget and quality delivery of all VMware engineering projects and day-to-day work assignments. This position requires
in depth knowledge of virtualization, compute and storage technology and best practices as well as a broad working knowledge of technology infrastructure (network, database, operations, data warehouse, security) is required.
The manager will oversee efforts to implement and maintain mature planning, project management and process disciplines within the VMware engineering team. They are responsible for an extensive compute platform spanning multiple data centers and will manage
the day-to-day operations for incident management, service requests, provisioning requests, as well as maintaining an accurate account of available resources for capacity management and Operational Service Levels.
This individual must be technically knowledgeable and have a deep understanding of multiple technologies to include, but not limited to: Compute, virtualization, storage, and system management\administration. They will need to utilize managerial and prioritization
skills to ensure daily requirements are met while ensuring projects, service request and operational break-fix tickets are delivered on time.
The VMware Manager will maintain a focus on client satisfaction with clients both internal and external to the organization. They will understand the importance of scoping and sizing projects accurately and putting in place the appropriate timelines for completion.
This individual will continue to help grow and mature an organization by applying policies, procedures, best practices and other initiatives.
• Strong leadership presence and ability to distill complex information into consumable and actionable themes for an executive audience
• Experience in leading projects and delivering IT services involving a globally diverse group of employees, suppliers, multiple disciplines and platforms
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic and high-pressure environment
• Ability to collaborate, to openly communicate, present and negotiate effectively across disciplines and groups, with suppliers and customers.
• Sound judgment and decision-making skills, ability to juggle multiple competing priorities, and ability to work under pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
• Responsible for ensuring adherence to, and maturity of, fundamental operations processes such as Change Control, Incident and Problem Management within the VMware team.
• Mentors and coaches team members, develops and implements training and education plans and career planning
• Collaborates with fellow technical managers to define infrastructure scope of new projects, document risk and assumptions, develop the delivery approach, and estimate cost and time lines
• Accountable for oversight and continuous improvement of all IT processes used by the VMware team
• Effectively communicates and collaborates with project customers (E-Commerce, Enterprise Systems Security, & others) and the infrastructure and operations support teams.
• Implements services based on globally accepted standards for operations, support and maintenance
• Insures delivery of complete project documentation to include scope, requirements, architecture, operational instructions, run books and troubleshooting information.
• Partners with development teams to ensure that our infrastructure scales to meet the needs of new products.
• 5+ years of experience designing, architecting, and implementing Windows and VMware solutions
• 3+ years of experience supporting virtualization environments, including VMware, Xen, Hyper-V, or 2+ years of experience with Cloud technologies
• Expertise in Windows operating system including installation, management and application deployment
• Expertise in TCP/IP network design/support, as well as network hardware and routing protocols.
• Experience with VMware infrastructure including design, setup, maintenance and configuration
• Experience with VMware ESX/vSphere
• Proven experience acting as an Incident Commander
• Ability to manage competing priorities and tasks in a high stress environment
• Ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
• Ability to identify, prioritize and escalate issues as needed
• Bachelors degree in business administration, computer science or management information systems with 10+ years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 10+ years of experience successfully delivering complex projects and business critical services on-time, within budget and with exceptional quality
• Familiar with 3 tier application architectures and Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server and/or other leading RDMBS
• Familiar with leading teams that build scalable, highly available, mission critical applications.
• Work experience with project management tools such as Microsoft Project
• Ability to balance multiple demands and work both independently and as part of a team
• Professionalism in dealing with all levels of management and staff
• Excellent negotiation and organizational skills with ability to orchestrate change through influence
• Ability to adjust to multiple demands, address shifting priorities, and to champion change
• Ability to be decisive and take into account long and short term consequences of decisions
• Ability to prioritize tasks and coordinate the work of others
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline-driven environment
||Send This Job to a Friend