GuideStone is a dynamic, diverse financial services organization that services more than 200,000 participants nationwide in the faith-based marketplace. We offer retirement, insurance, investment management, property and casualty coverage, and executive
planning products and services to the Southern Baptist and wider evangelical Christian community. GuideStone sponsors the nation’s largest Christian-screened registered mutual fund family and is located in Dallas, Texas. We are an innovative organization that
invests in the spiritual, relational, financial, physical and professional development of its employees.
We have a culture that values excellence, teamwork, humility, integrity, compassion and stewardship.
We offer employees a generous benefits package, flexible work schedules, the opportunity to be involved in community outreach and tuition reimbursement.
We are currently looking for a Content Strategist to join the GuideStone Team:
The purpose of this position is to translate sales/marketing strategies into appropriate communications that support GuideStone’s strategic marketing and communications goals. This position will write content related to all of GuideStone’s products and services,
brand initiatives and corporate communications as assigned. In addition, this position will work to further develop subject matter expertise in GuideStone’s product lines and keep up with marketing trends.
The essential duties and responsibilities are:
- Collaborates with all marketing teams (marketing strategy, brand development/creative, digital) and other internal stakeholders to develop marketing strategies and supporting materials (including maintenance and revision).
- Develops concise, compelling content for marketing and sales materials, editorial (newsletters, magazine), educational resources, and corporate/brand communications initiatives across all distribution channels, including print, email, social media, web,
multimedia, presentations, etc.
- Demonstrates subject matter expertise through ongoing research of industry standards, challenges and trends.
- Ensures materials address appropriate industry, product, service, regulatory, legal, market and branding factors that impact our business.
- Project manages writing-only projects as needed.
- Determines approvals needed and secures within deadlines.
- Fosters interdepartmental relationships with subject matter experts (SMEs) and stakeholders to facilitate more efficient and effective content development.
- Recognizes applicable legal, regulatory and market issues (FINRA, IRS, state board, legal, etc.) and ensures materials are in compliance.
- Works on special and strategic projects as needed to develop and serve business opportunities.
- Provides writing support for PR personnel as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience; degree preferred in English, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced Business, Marketing, Journalism and/or PR coursework preferred.
- Travel is less than 5% annually (1-2 trips a year for conferences/convention and for writing projects.)
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word. Familiarity with Excel, Access, PowerPoint, InDesign. Advanced professional writing and proofing skills.
- Working knowledge of common style books, such as AP, Chicago, etc.
- Understands basic theories and principles of communications, including the standard communications model.
- Develops and/or adapts content for various communications media including print, multimedia, video and online.
- Converts complex concepts into communications materials that are compelling, clear and concise for a variety of audiences.
- Broad, general knowledge in areas of personal finance and/or health care.
- Effectively manage multiple complex writing projects.
- Advanced interpersonal communications skills.
- Understands Southern Baptist structure and polity to facilitate relationships with denominational representatives.
- Adaptable to changes in organizational structure.
- Must have complete confidentiality regarding GuideStone business matters.
- Arranges and conducts thorough interviews with content experts and other sources.
||Send This Job to a Friend