GuideStone is a dynamic, diverse financial services organization that services more than 200,000 clients nationwide in the faith-based marketplace. We offer retirement, insurance, investment management, property and casualty coverage, and executive planning
products and services to the Southern Baptist and wider evangelical Christian community. GuideStone sponsors the nation’s largest Christian-screened registered mutual fund family and is located in Dallas, Texas. We are an innovative organization that invests
in the spiritual, relational, financial, physical and professional development of its employees. We have a culture that values excellence, teamwork, humility, integrity, compassion and stewardship. We offer employees a generous benefits package, flexible work
schedules, the opportunity to be involved in community outreach and tuition reimbursement.
We are currently looking for a Sales Advisor to join the GuideStone Team:
What you will do:
- Advise clients on their retirement and other investment assets, working to build trust relationships and providing the full breath of personal financial strategies and services that GuideStone has to offer.
- Balance management of sales, planning, general customer follow-ups with administrative tasks, focusing on productivity and meeting objectives and goals of clients as well as those of the position.
- Stay up to date on industry issues and use that information to serve clients.
- Participate in and comply with all required firm and regulatory elements of the firm’s continuing education plan including the annual compliance meeting.
- Participate in special projects and other tasks as assigned; other duties may be assigned.
- Must meet and maintain established performance standards.
- Travel up to 10% annually, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business or equivalent work experience.
- Strong sales, relationship management and effective listening skills with ability to identify client needs and match delivery services to perceived client value.
- Minimum of two years in a call intensive environment with a retirement provider or retail broker is preferred with experience in sales and/or advisor services.
- Experience working with 403(b) or 401(k) retirement plans; Knowledge of defined contribution plans and defined benefit plans that include: plan provisions, legal requirements and restrictions, documentation requirements, investment funds and allocation
choices, contribution limits and retirement benefit options.
- Proven track record of success in mutual fund sales as well as knowledge of procedures, policies, and regulations surrounding the sale of securities.
- Communicate/understand available investment vehicles, investment fund advice, and retirement income gap analysis to a wide range of educational levels.
- Southern Baptist Church membership preferred
- Series 6 (or 7), 63 and 65 (or 66); CFP preferred not required; exempts 65
||Send This Job to a Friend