||Assistant Swim Team Coach
||Thousand Oaks Family YMCA
||The Assistant Swim Team Coach will be responsible for attending all practices for the swim team, as well as meets and any other events hosted by the swim team.
|No. of Positions Available
||The Assistant Swim Team coach along with the Swim Team Coach oversees the activities, practices, and competitions of the swim team.
1. Assists in overseeing the swim team, including registrations, practices, and competitions.
2. Helps to track daily attendance sheets.
3. Keeps the pool clear of equipment and putting equipment in proper storage place.
4. Attends all staff meetings and training sessions when scheduled.
5. Maintains a professional attitude at all times.
6. Reports needed equipment repairs to pool manager in writing.
7. Enforces all facility rules including- no food or drinks allowed in the pool area; clear all swimmers from the water during an electrical storm.
8. Secures substitutes as necessary.
9. Provides direct teaching leadership in a team teaching situation.
10. Shares responsibility in interpreting and communicating child’s progress to parents.
11. Assists in proper storage of aquatic equipment.
12. Practices safety procedures before, during and after classes.
13. Follows all aquatic program curriculums.
14. Ensure the YMCA swim team adheres to all AASSL policies.
15. Follows all YMCA of Greater San Antonio policies and procedures
16. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations.
Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates
in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships.
Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
1. HS Diploma or GED is required.
2. At least 18 years of age.
3. One to three years experience and certification as a ASCA level 1 swim coach.
4. Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid, Emergency Oxygen, and Bloodborne Pathogens.
5. Must be able to demonstrate swim instructor skills in accordance with YMCA standards.
6. YMCA Swim Instructor certification, or equivalent.
7. Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness.
1. Work is performed in an outdoor and indoor aquatic environment.
2. Ability to instruct and observe participants in proper stroke techniques.
3. Ability to lift equipment, and to lift a small to average size child.
4. Visual acuity is necessary, to keep track of everyone in the pool.
5. Ability to respond properly to medical emergency is necessary.
6. Job requires high levels of alertness and concentration.
||Send This Job to a Friend