Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
Word and Brown
Purpose of Position:
The Systems Engineer’s role is to design, install, administer, and optimize company servers and related components to achieve high performance of the various business applications supported. This includes ensuring the availability of client/server applications and , supporting core business application software for corporate enterprise needs. This requires 8 plus years’ experience and includes but is not limited to the following:
Must have strong skills in Microsoft Active Directory administration, Microsoft Exchange 2010 and 2007, SharePoint 2010 and 2013, IIS and support for proprietary developed software applications utilized by the company.
• Provides a deep technical subject matter expertise and leadership for analyzing client platform hardware and software needs. Analyzes, designs, implements, maintains and documents client platforms, operating systems and related infrastructure software components.
• Provides technical leadership across multiple domains with the ability to bring together several technical leads and integrate their thinking and findings into a comprehensive action plans, and then drive the plan.
• Communicates the client platform vision, approach and roadmap to IT leadership.
• Provides senior technical consulting internally to teammates and externally to a variety of IT teams.
• Performs project technical leadership and drives the successful completion of complex, cross functional projects. Contributes to all phases of systems analysis and choreographs implementation activities.
• Performs capacity planning and provide recommendations to enhance performance.
• Schedules and performs installations and upgrades in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Be point of contact for Development and Engineering customers, developing tactical plans in line with project initiatives and programs. Provide updates and status to stakeholders on project efforts.
• Ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organizational functions.
• Where applicable, the Systems Engineer will assist in overseeing the physical security, integrity, and safety of the data center/server farm.
• Proactive remediation of failing components and systems to prevent outages and interruptions.
• Responding to and resolving service outages and interruptions.
• Create and maintain technical documentation to ensure efficient planning and execution.
• Be willing and available for on-call support.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Strong knowledge of Windows server 2003/2008R2/2012 Active Directory administration and networking (TCP/IP DNS and DHCP).
• Proficient with the use of RSAT tools, Proficient with the use of PowerShell to administrate Active Directory, Strong knowledge of DNS and Microsoft Networking. Knowledge of ADFS is a plus.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2013 and OCS/Lync messaging systems.
• This position requires knowledge of VMware infrastructure in a large multi-node environment.
• Proven experience in management and oversight of high volume clustered Microsoft Exchange Servers environments utilizing various SAN storage solutions and virtualization. Proficient with the use of PowerShell to administrate Microsoft Exchange.
• Must have basic programming and scripting skills. Prefer C#, Power Shell, WMI and VBS scripting experience.
• Must be knowledgeable of server class hardware and Network infrastructure best practices.
• MCSE, MCTS and/or MCITP in EA, SQL and messaging. Current certifications preferred.
• Experience deploying and administering VMware and VCenter is preferred.
• 8+ years of experience as a Windows System Administrator in an enterprise environment (200+ servers) is required.
• Strong problem determination and resolution skills.
• Knowledge of SCCM a plus
• Deep technical knowledge and demonstrated experience with state-of-the-art tools, methods, and technology as it relates to client system design, deployment, security and support.
• Demonstrated knowledge of technology research techniques and experience managing a portfolio of technical products.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the documentation of technical designs, processes and procedures.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in requirements gathering and development.
• Working knowledge of SAN and storage protocols.
• Experience working with backup solutions such as Avamar or Backup Exec preferred.
• Able to support development standards
• Self-starter that can work well in a team environment
• Proactive issue resolution with a positive attitude
• Strong interpersonal skills to interact positively and productively with teams across organizational lines
• Demonstrate well-developed organizational skills, analytical skills, verbal and written communication
• Must be able to function in a dynamic environment subject to impromptu changes in schedules and priorities.
Send This Job to a Friend