||Lead Business Intel Data Warehouse Engineer
||The Lead - Business Intelligence / Data Warehouse Engineer will consolidate and modernize existing legacy data warehouses to meet current and future growth needs. Working with business partners, infrastructure, data scientists as well as BI developers
to solve large scale integration and analytics problems.
As a key technical leader, advocate for empowering and enlightening business leaders and technical peers with the power of data and a well-architected warehouse in a dynamic environment.
You will be responsible as the data warehouse architect for the design, configure, operation and maintenance for a unified enterprise data warehouse with Kimball best practices on an appliance DW environment.
You will evaluate existing environment including hardware, software, tools, web portals, internet and intranet connections, firewalls, servers, size and data needs, user experience, security and budget to determine best approach for the consolidated data warehouse.
You will also be responsible for designing and implementing short and long-term strategic goals for managing and maintaining data warehouses and associated software and tools. In addition, all planned and in-place system architectures are aligned with the specific
Thryv’s business goals for data and reporting.
Design and support the implementation of big data ingestion into the EDW and Hadoop clusters.
Provide expertise and architectural assistance to other IT personnel including software teams, Data Scientists, System Analysts and Software Engineers. Conduct research on new Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse technologies and create and develop plans
for investing in such systems that will increase cost effectiveness and flexibility.
Leads key development efforts, overseeing others as well as contributing hands-on development for Informatica, Hadoop, Vertica and reporting tools such as Business Objects, MicroStrategy or Power BI.
Actively works with infrastructure to ensure needed cross-system integrations properly engineered, capacity planning and other data base administration tasks.
Ensure system’s integrity for each source and target through various checks and balances. Focus design and development to maximize system’s performance and reliability.
Works with Product Owners and Data Scientists to anticipate and support research and data needs with a focus on empowered self-service to these key constituents:
· Evangelist for BI – Protect, support, exposes and share with others to get more usage and value of the data and help others turn it into knowledge and insight.
· Supports leadership with due diligence/acquisition support from data integration aspects.
· Demonstrated ability and strength to plan a next-gen solution architecture within an existing data warehouse environment.
· Demonstrates ability to plan and model data integration processes
· Create and present to senior leaders relevant BI topics/issues. Represent Thryv with presentations as needed to industry/peer groups on BI/DW topics/expertise.
· Master’s degree or equivalent experience.
· 10+ years of enterprise data warehouse implementation and development with focus on systems integration. Demonstrate proficiency in multiple terabyte environments (15TB+). Extensive SQL language expertise.
o 5+ years of Informatica or other relevant ETL tools
o 5+ years UNIX shell and scripting experience
o 5+ years of multi-terabyte (15TB +) warehouse development/support with data warehouse appliance applications i.e. Vertica or Netezza.
o 5+ years of Oracle database experience
o 3+ years of data modeling experience on Kimball/dimensional modeling
o 2+ years of Salesforce (SFDC) experience
o 2+ years of Hadoop/MapReduce experience
o 1+ years Cloud technology involving AWS Data architecture and Data Lake projects
o 1+ year of development experience with Microstrategy, Microsoft SSRS/SSAS, or other BI tools
· Strong verbal and written skill with proven experience in persuasion and consensus building
· Familiarity with industry best practices in software and solutions development
· Outgoing and comfortable with strong opinion leaders and teammate’s
· Proven passion and experience as an advocate of BI solutions to empower higher-order business insights and actions
· Conduct reviews with department heads and end-users to ensure optimal operation and further infrastructure development if required.
Thryv is an equal opportunity employer.
||Send This Job to a Friend