||ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems) Project Manager
Stanley Consultants is a global, consulting engineering firm recognized in the industry for our commitment to client service and our passion to make a difference. With a focus on transportation, energy, water, and the environment, we bring global knowledge,
a century of experience, and multi-disciplinary capabilities to serve public and private clients. Ranked as one of the world’s largest consulting engineering firms, we offer a wide range of service and capabilities in program management, planning, studies,
design, architecture, environmental, and construction administration. We have helped our clients improve the lives of people in communities around the world. As a member (employee)-owned company, everyone is accountable to each other and to the success of
projects. Our members are especially proud that they can make a difference for our customers. You will have the support from a large pool of talented resources to help you grow and be successful. Take the next step in advancing your career and come join us!
We are seeking a talented individual to lead and develop our Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) practice, specifically ITS master planning, design, implementation, and operation. In consultation with Transportation / Traffic Engineering staff and local
office leaders, the ITS Project Manager will:
- Develop a local, regional, and national strategic plan to establish a national ITS practice.
- Develop ITS trends and market requirements including expansion of capabilities in offices currently offering ITS services.
- Provide oversight to implement the strategic plan resulting in increased market sector revenue.
- Assist with major project pursuits, new business development, and local client relationships.
- Identify potential projects and develop strategies to win these projects.
- Build and maintain relationships with key ITS clients.
- Participate in local, national, and international ITS organizations and increase Stanley Consultants’ exposure/presence in ITS.
- Provide technical assistance and quality control oversight on ITS projects.
- Must possess a minimum of a BS in Electrical Engineering or Civil Engineering; MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Civil Engineering is preferred
- Requires at least 15 years of relevant experience in ITS and traffic engineering; including ITS planning, design, and implementation of ITS improvements
- Professional Engineer (PE) license required; AZ, FL, and/or IL PE licenses are desired
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) certification a plus
- Ability to build and maintain client contacts and relationships
- Marketing and business development experience
- Past success in writing proposals, scopes of work, and negotiating contracts
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with clients, elected officials, general public, and all levels of the organization
- Possess a track record of successful project management and team leadership Individual shall possess a strong local ITS presence / recognition and ability to expand this to a regional / national level.
Applicant should have expertise in most of the following areas:
- ITS Master Planning Studies
- Active Traffic Management
- Concept of Operations Studies
- Wireless Communication Integration
- Evaluation of Alternative Communication Systems, Infrastructure, and ITS System Architecture
- ITS Communication Technologies & Implementation
- Design, Construction, and Operation of Traffic Management Centers, Smart Highway Systems, and HOT Lanes
- Preparation of ITS Plans, Specifications, and Estimates
- Systems Integration
- Traffic Signal Optimization Projects
- Emerging ITS technologies
The successful candidate must enjoy the development of close client and staff relationships, creative approaches to project development, continuing stewardship responsibility during project execution, and personal dedication to serving client needs. At Stanley
Consultants, we are inspiring powerful minds, creating bold solutions
– you can, too! We offer a competitive salary, great benefits, and an opportunity for you to make a difference. Interested in joining our winning team? Apply today!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities.
Keywords: its engineer, intelligent transportation systems engineer, senior traffic engineer, sr. transportation engineer, principal traffic engineer, principal transportation engineer
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
||Send This Job to a Friend