||Construction Services Department Manager
This position will be accountable for the overall management of construction projects and staff utilization within the assigned scope of responsibility. Acts as the senior liaison between the field staff and the company’s operating staff. Serves as the senior
management representative in client relationships relating to construction services.
Essential duties include:
- Manages local staff of construction service personnel
- Coordinates staff assignments including down-time assignments
- Attends jobsite progress meetings
- Acts as liaison between field construction service staff and design engineers
- Oversees on-site staff’s work associated with project requirements such as document control, daily reports and monthly reports, submittal review, design modifications and project correspondence including Contractor Change Requests, Contractor Schedule Evaluations
and Reviews, Request for Information (RFI’s), Instruction to Contractor (ITC’s), and Notice of Non-Compliance (NNC’s)
- Promotes quality control procedures among staff members
- Provides quality assurance checks for project compliance with SCI policies and procedures
- Promotes safe project work habits and require member adherence to SCI and project safety requirements
- Maintains client relationships and develop future project opportunities
- Oversees project budget and prepare/negotiate/resolve contract change order requests with SCI clients
- Coordinates acquisition, use, and maintenance of department equipment
- Prepares project proposals, SOQ responses, and cost estimates
- Assists Business Development Managers (BDM’s) with Client contacts, meetings, and sale of construction services
- Prepares and maintains project budgets, loading calendars, and account receivables
- Maintains department staff resumes and project write-ups
- Develops department budgets in conjunction with the Office or Regional Manager
- Coordinates staff training requirement in conjunction with Office Manager and Construction Services Chief
- Maintains the local office safety compliance and member training
- Provides assistance or staffing to other construction services departments within the Stanley organization
- Promotes department members involvement with local professional organizations, technical presentations, and publications
- Local area travel will be required as mandated by project assignments and work hours
- Extended work hours should be anticipated as services must correspond with the project and Contractor work schedule
- Minimal extended travel assignments are possible as project location or corporate demands require
- 4-year engineering or construction management degree and a minimum of 10 years of construction related experience
- Must possess at least one of the following certifications: • Professional Engineering (PE) License • Certified Construction Manager (CMAA) • Certified Construction Contract Administrator (CCCA) • Or equivalent [Certification equivalency must be approved
by the Chief of Construction Services].
- OR no degree and a minimum of 20 years of construction related experience in a field applicable to the work assignment, a minimum of 10 years must be in a position performing field observation or construction management
on behalf of the Owner and this experience shall be in the location of hiring office. [Lump sum general contractor experience does not qualify for the minimum of 10 years]
- AND non-degreed applicants must possess one of the following certifications: • Certified Construction Manager (CMAA) • Certified Construction Contract Administrator (CCCA) • Or equivalent [Certification equivalency must be approved by the Chief of Construction
- 5+ years of relevant Las Vegas area experience is preferred
- This job requires excellent visualization, communication, and documentation skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet). A specific knowledge of construction techniques for in-house project types and an ability to read, comprehend and recall details of
plans and specs is mandatory. The member must be able to quickly switch focus between projects and recall variances in the plan or specification details between projects.
- In the course of business, the member will be required to operate a company vehicle. A mandatory prerequisite to operating a company vehicle is maintaining an acceptable driving record.
- The individual must possess the proven ability to distribute learned knowledge to other Construction Observers and Material Testing Technicians.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
||Send This Job to a Friend