||Senior Transportation Project Manager
||Salt Lake City
Stanley Consultants is an ENR Top 25 Highway design firm. We are currently seeking a talented, recognized, and driven individual for transportation systems design in our Salt Lake City, Utah Office. This entrepreneurial individual will provide engineering
and project management expertise for state and local roads, collector and arterial streets and highways (rural and urban expressways) type projects including; corridor development and environmental impact studies, right-of-way layout, drainage and utility
systems, preliminary and final design, preparation of construction documents, cost estimates, project scheduling and overall project management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Increase UDOT transportation market share in preliminary and final design.
- Evaluates client needs and identifies requirements.
- Prepares and modifies reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental studies, and designs for projects.
- Evaluates need for design changes and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Serves as technical liaison with clients on project efforts and coordinates technical efforts within discipline areas.
- Assists in the development of marketing strategies for proposed transportation projects.
- Prepares business development proposals.
- Consults with construction personnel concerning design constructability as related to field conditions, sequencing and scheduling of construction activities.
- Attends onsite and offsite client meetings.
- Visits construction sites to monitor progress.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Adheres to company standards for quality assurance and quality control as defined in the quality manual.
- Participates in project scoping and fee estimating and proposal preparation, interviews, and negotiations.
- Reviews assigned project(s) after award to define project scope, determine work procedures/sequences and develops schedules, budgets, staffing, sub consultant involvement, and progress billings.
- Forms a project team and sees that responsibilities are assigned and the execution of tasks are begun and completed according to schedule.
- Submits documents to federal, state, and local agencies for code compliance review and obtains permits required.
- Meets with client management as necessary during the term of a project to resolve issues and to obtain approvals at the project’s completion
Key requirements include:
- Bachelors of Science degree in Civil Engineering
- Requires at least 25 years of relevant experience; 15 years of experience at the Project Manager level.
- Project management experience on UDOT and local municipal transportation projects helpful, but not required
- Professional Engineer (PE) license required; Must be able to obtain Utah Professional Engineer (PE) license within 6 months of hire
- Previous experience with Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) design methods, plan preparation, standards, and specifications preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated capabilities and success in managing medium to large projects, multi-office projects, and/or multiple projects.
- Experience with local and Primary Systems projects with an emphasis on location and design development, final design, bidding, and letting procedures
- Proven leadership, communication, mentoring, and client liaison skills
- Working knowledge of design software used to prepare engineering and design documents is a plus.
- Local market knowledge helpful.
- Experienced in and fully capable of using the Microsoft Office software suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel throughout Utah and Idaho.
This position offers exciting challenges and opportunities for managing all activities related to project scope, schedule, cost, quality, communications, and resources; mentoring young staff engineers, assisting in transportation market business development;
and participating in professional organizations and technical committees.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
||Send This Job to a Friend