||We are currently seeking a talented, recognized, and driven individual for transportation systems design in our Las Vegas, NV office. This entrepreneurial individual will provide engineering expertise for local roads, collector, and arterial streets and
highway projects including: corridor development and environmental studies, right-of-way layout, drainage and utility systems, preliminary and final roadway design, preparation of construction documents and cost estimates, project scheduling, and coordination
of the overall project engineering.
This position requires roadway design experience and working knowledge and project experience with the municipalities in the Las Vegas Valley with emphasis in location and design development, final design, estimating, and specifications preparation procedures.
Must be able to work effectively and communicate regularly with clients and federal, state, and local agencies.
Experience with a consulting engineering organization and a proven track record of successful transportation project development and design. This position offers exciting challenges and opportunities for managing all activities related to project scope, schedule,
cost, quality, communications, and resources; mentoring young staff engineers, assisting in transportation market business development, and participating in professional organizations and technical committees. Essential duties include:
• Collect and analyze data from reports, maps, drawings, tests, and aerial photographs to plan and design projects.
• Oversees and prepares and modifies reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental studies, and designs for projects.
• Prepares and checks design computations and quantity estimates.
• Use computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents. Must have ability to use AutoCAD Civil 3D. Ability to use Microstation and Inroads is a plus. Work with designers/technicians to produce designs
and CAD based working files into working drawings.
• Coordination with vendors, regulatory agencies, utility companies and sub-consultants to obtain information, guidance, and requirements.
• Adhere to company standards for quality assurance and quality control as defined in the quality manual.
• Evaluates need for design changes and makes appropriate recommendations.
• Serves as technical liaison with clients on project efforts and coordinates technical efforts within discipline areas.
• Consults with construction personnel concerning design constructability as related to field conditions, sequencing and scheduling of construction activities.
• Attends onsite and offsite client meetings.
• Visits construction sites to monitor progress.
||• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
• Must possess 5 to 12 years of relevant transportation engineering work experience
• Nevada Professional Engineer (PE) license is required
• Track record of delivering successful designs for Las Vegas Valley municipalities; experience working on projects in the Greater Las Vegas area is required
• Roadway design with emphasis in location and design development, final design, estimating, and specifications preparation procedures
• Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D; Proficiency with Microstation and InRoads is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
||Send This Job to a Friend