||Traffic Engineer - PD&E
||West Palm Beach
We are seeking a Traffic Engineer with current experience in traffic operational analysis, intersection and corridor studies, and report preparation. This position provides increasing responsibilities performing technical transportation planning and traffic
analyses. This position partners with the planning department manager in pursuit of new FDOT traffic, planning, and PD&E (Project Development and Environment) contracts. This role provides an individual with the potential to grow into a PD&E Project Manager
and/or Traffic Study Project Manager along with expanding experience with FDOT District 4 and District 6.
Essential duties include:
- Performs traffic operational and safety analysis and report preparation
- Serves as technical liaison with clients on project assignments under the direction of the project manager
- Provides an opportunity to serve as project engineer/deputy project manager on PD&E studies
- Coordinates with project team members
- Assists planning department manager in proposal preparation and marketing for PD&E Traffic Study contracts
- Performs highway operational analysis using programs such as CORSIM, SYNCHRO, and VISSIM
- Prepares written reports and oral presentations related to PD&E studies, safety analysis, and MUTS
- Must possess a minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering
- Master of Science degree in Civil Engineering preferred, but not required
- Must possess at least 8 years of relevant experience in traffic analysis, engineering, and planning
- Must have at least 5 years of experience at the Project Engineer level
- Must possess a current Florida Professional Engineer (PE) license
- PTOE certification is a plus, but not required
- A working knowledge of CORSIM, SYNCHRO, and VISSIM is desired
- Must be experienced in analysis and report preparation of FDOT PD&E Study Design Traffic Technical Memorandums
- Must be experienced in FDOT Traffic Operations Studies, Safety Studies, and MUTS
- Requires a solid reputation with FDOT with emphasis on Districts 4 and 6; additional Districts are a plus
- Traffic signal design and timing experience are a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
||Send This Job to a Friend