||Senior Traffic Engineer
||Stanley Consultants is a consulting engineering firm recognized in the engineering industry for our commitment to client service and our passion to make a difference. We focus on energy, water, transportation, and the environment. We bring global knowledge,
over a century of experience, and multi-disciplinary capabilities to serve our private and public clients. Throughout its history, Stanley Consultants' success has been a result of its member expertise, flexibility, and willingness to "go where our clients
need us." Therefore, we are proud to have performed work in all 50 states, U.S. territories, and in 105 countries. Collaborating across the company, we field the best team to serve our clients.
We are seeking a Senior Traffic Engineer for our Traffic Engineering
and Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) practices. The successful candidate will enjoy: developing technical solutions to close client and staff relationships; providing creative approaches to project development; and a personal dedication to serving
client needs. Essential duties include:
- Serve, as required, as the Project Manager, Project Lead, or Task Lead in the development of traffic studies and design plans including traffic signal, roadway lighting, signing, pavement marking, Intelligent Transportation
Systems (ITS) infrastructure, construction sequencing, and traffic control plans.
- Build and maintain relationships with key traffic engineering & ITS clients.
- Provide technical assistance and quality control oversight on traffic engineering studies and
design projects managed by other project managers and task leads.
- Provide traffic engineering support to the local and national ITS practice area.
- Serve as the local office expert in their specific area(s) of expertise.
- Assist with major project pursuits, new business development, and local client relationships. Identify potential projects and develop strategies to win these projects.
- Requires a minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering; Master of Science degree in Civil Engineering preferred, but not required
- Requires at least 8 years of relevant experience in traffic engineering, transportation planning, and/or Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Arizona Professional Engineer (PE) license or possess the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) certification is preferred, but not required
- Proficiency with SYNCHRO, HCS, and other traffic capacity and analysis software
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD, MicroStation, SYNCHRO, VISSIM, CORSIM, or other advanced software packages preferred
The position also requires experience in most of the following areas:
- Traffic Signal Design
- ITS Infrastructure Design
- Roadway Lighting Design
- Signing and Pavement Marking Design
- Construction Sequencing and Traffic Control Design
- Traffic Impact Studies
- Capacity software and Level of Service Analysis
- Design Concept Reports, Corridor Studies, and Preliminary Traffic Reports
- Safety Studies and Intersection Improvement Studies
- Evaluation of Alternative Design Concepts
- Preparation of Traffic and Safety Engineering Plans, Specifications, and Estimates
- Transportation Planning
Stanley Consultants is an international member (employee)-owned consulting firm providing Planning, Design, and Construction Management services in Water, Energy, and Transportation. In 2013, we celebrated our 100th anniversary. Our purpose is to solve the
world’s greatest challenges by inspiring powerful minds to create bold solutions. We believe in empowering our members to achieve their professional potential and would like to have you join our winning team!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
||Send This Job to a Friend