||Senior Transportation Project Manager
We are an ENR top 20 design firm currently seeking a talented, recognized, and driven individual to work in our Denver office with relevant experience in transportation design and project management with the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) and
other local jurisdictions in Colorado. This entrepreneurial individual will provide engineering and project management expertise for local and state roads, collector and arterial streets and highways (rural and interstate systems) type projects including;
corridor development and environmental impact studies, right-of-way layout, drainage and utility systems, preliminary and final design, preparation of construction documents, cost estimates, project scheduling and overall project management.
This position requires project management experience and working knowledge with the agencies and municipalities mentioned above including, local and Primary Systems projects with emphasis in location and design development, final design, bidding, and letting
procedures. Must be able to work effectively and communicate regularly with municipal clients; federal, state and local agencies. Transportation Design Project Manager with CDOT and local municipal transportation design and project management experience a
Experience with a consulting engineering organization and a proven track record of successful transportation project development and design. This position offers exciting challenges and opportunities for managing all activities related to project scope,
schedule, cost, quality, communications, and resources; mentoring young staff engineers, assisting in transportation market business development and participating in professional organizations and technical committees.
- Evaluates client needs and identifies requirements.
- Prepares and modifies reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental studies, and designs for projects.
- Evaluates need for design changes and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Serves as technical liaison with clients on project efforts and coordinates technical efforts within discipline areas.
- Assists in the development of marketing strategies for proposed transportation projects.
- Attends onsite and offsite client meetings.
- Visits construction sites to monitor progress.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Adheres to company standards for quality assurance and quality control as defined in the quality manual.
- Participates in project scoping and fee estimating and proposal preparation, interviews, and negotiations.
- Reviews assigned project(s) after award to define project scope, determine work procedures/sequences and develops schedules, budgets, staffing, sub consultant involvement, and progress billings.
- Forms a project team and sees that responsibilities are assigned and the execution of tasks are begun and completed according to schedule.
- Submits documents to federal, state, and local agencies for code compliance review and obtains permits required.
- Meets with client management as necessary during the term of a project to resolve issues and to obtain approvals at the project’s completion.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 15 years relevant experience; 5 years of experience at the Project Manager level.
- Requires a Colorado PE license or the ability to obtain a Colorado PE within 3 months of hire.
- Experienced with local municipal design methods, plan preparation, standards and specifications.
- Experience with CDOT and/or Colorado municipalities a significant plus.
- Demonstrated capabilities and success in managing medium to large projects, multi-office projects, and/or multiple projects.
- Proven leadership, communication, mentoring and client liaison skills
- Working knowledge of design software used to prepare engineering and design documents would be a plus.
- Local market knowledge required.
- Experienced in and fully capable of using the Microsoft software suite including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Proficiency with Microstation and/or AutoCAD, InRoads.
- Successful project manager experience
- Business Development experience
- Must be self-motivated, and able to work both independently and as part of project team.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
||Send This Job to a Friend