||Sr. Traffic Engineer / Project Manager
Stanley Consultants is a global, consulting engineering firm recognized in the industry for our commitment to client service and our passion to make a difference. With a focus on transportation, energy, water, and the environment, we bring global knowledge,
a century of experience, and multi-disciplinary capabilities to serve public and private clients. Ranked as one of the world’s largest consulting engineering firms, we offer a wide range of service and capabilities in program management, planning, studies,
design, architecture, environmental, and construction administration. We have helped our clients improve the lives of people in communities around the world. As a member (employee)-owned company, everyone is accountable to each other and to the success of
projects. Our members are especially proud that they can make a difference for our customers. You will have the support from a large pool of talented resources to help you grow and be successful. Take the next step in advancing your career and come join us!
We are seeking a talented individual to lead and develop our Traffic Engineering practice in our Denver office. In this role, you’ll use your fifteen plus years of relevant experience in traffic engineering and transportation planning. A successful candidate
must enjoy the development of close client and staff relationships; providing creative approaches to project development; continuing stewardship responsibility during project execution; and have a personal dedication to serving client needs. The Senior Traffic
- Serve, as required, as the Project Manager, Project Lead, or Task Lead in the development of traffic studies and design plans, including traffic signal, roadway lighting, signing, pavement marking, construction sequencing, and traffic control plans.
- Assist with major project pursuits, new business development, and local client relationships. Identify potential projects and develop strategies to win these projects.
- Build and maintain relationships with key traffic engineering clients. Established client relationships are expected.
- Serve as the technical liaison with clients on project efforts and coordinate technical efforts with discipline areas.
- Provide technical assistance and quality control oversight on traffic engineering studies and design projects managed by other project managers and task leads.
- Prepare written reports and oral presentation related to traffic studies and safety analyses.
- Possess a working knowledge of design criteria, regulatory requirements, and standards and processes.
- Assist other offices with major project pursuits, new business development, and local client relationships.
- Ensure that project assignments are completed on schedule and within budget and scope parameters.
- Prepare staff hour estimates, scopes of services, and work schedules.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Civil Engineering
- Must possess at least 15 years of relevant work experience
- Requires significant traffic engineering experience in planning, design, and implementation of traffic engineering • Experience with Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) design is a big plus, but not required
- Professional Engineer (PE) license required; Colorado PE or must be able to obtain a Colorado PE within 3 months of hire
- Experience working on projects within the State of Colorado and for the Colorado Department of Transportation is a plus
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) certification preferred, but not required
- Proficiency in utilizing SYNCHRO, HCS, and other traffic capacity and analysis software.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, MicroStation, VISSIM, CORSIM, and other advanced software packages preferred.
Individual shall possess a strong local traffic engineering presence / recognition. Applicant should have experience in most of the following areas:
- Traffic Signal Design and Operation
- Signing and Pavement Marking Design and Operation
- Construction Sequencing and Traffic Control Design and Operation
- Roadway Lighting Design and Studies
- ITS Infrastructure Design
- Traffic Impact Studies
- Capacity Software and Level of Service Analysis
- Design Concept Reports, Corridor Studies, and Preliminary Traffic Reports
- Safety Studies and Intersection Improvement Studies
- Evaluation of Alternative Design Concepts
- Preparation of Traffic Engineering Plans, Specifications, and Estimates
- Change of Access Reports
- Transportation Planning
- Project/task management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
||Send This Job to a Friend