||Lift Operator - $12.00 per hour
||Olympic Valley, CA
||Squaw Valley Ski Resort
||Department: Lift Operations
Reports to: Lift Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Job Status: Seasonal FT and PT
Hours: 7:30am – 5pm, hours vary Updated: 7.16.14
Job Summary: Operate resort chairlifts, assists all passengers with loading and unloading while complying with the Squaw Valley/Alpine Meadows safety policy.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Applicants must be 18 years of age. As a prerequisite, a pre-employment drug screen is required.
Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following; other duties may be assigned:
1. Provide all customers and employees with top quality customer service in all situations at all times.
2. Ensure customer satisfaction with efficient, friendly service.
3. Perform safety checks on chairlift and fill out safety log.
4. Must be familiar with assigned lift: brakes, electrical systems, mechanical drives.
5. Assist customers and employees in loading and unloading chairs safely.
6. Must be able to communicate effectively with persons using lifts, and top and bottom lift operators.
7. Maintain safe snow conditions by shoveling on loading and unloading ramps.
8. Set up and maintain signs, temporary fences and mazes for chair loading and unloading.
9. Monitor area for trash, tissues and other safety issues.
10. Must be alert at all times of everything around assigned lift area.
Competencies and Job Requirements:
1. Effective communication skills, oral & written
2. Strong sense of customer service & safety awareness
3. Able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
4. Have a neat & clean appearance in compliance with the company grooming standards
5. Punctual, able to report at scheduled start time
6. Work well as part of a team.
Education and Experience:
1. High School Diploma or GED
1. Prior experience working with the public
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, and hear. Must be capable of walking or standing 90% or more of a normal 8 hour work shift. Must be capable of occasionally carrying, lifting, pushing or pulling
up to 35lbs. Must capable of occasionally squatting, bending, kneeling, reaching, and balancing, able to climb ladders and shovel snow. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions
and the ability to adjust focus.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee will frequently be exposed to extreme cold, wetness and/or humidity, and occasionally blizzards and extreme storm conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is usually moderate.
Equipment Used in Job: Various lift operation equipment
||Send This Job to a Friend