RealPage is looking for a Senior Accountant for our growing Financial Accounting team at our corporate office. The Senior Accountant will assist with consolidated accounting and will be instrumental in the financial close process. This includes recording
transactions, preparing G/L account reconciliations, and performing variance analysis to ensure all transactions are recorded properly. We are looking specifically for an Accountant with advanced Excel skills with the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced,
high growth environment.
As member of the team you will have the opportunity to work on specialized Accounting projects within various business units and cross-train on other departmental functions.
- Manage the month end general ledger financial close cycle, including processes required for full SOX compliance for assigned operations and assigned functional accounting processes.
- Ensure all general ledger accounts are reconciled to supporting detail on a monthly or quarterly basis and reconciling items cleared on a timely basis for assigned operations and functional accounting processes.
- Maintain sufficient documentation that all transactions are recorded and supported in the general ledger and appropriate sub-ledgers on a periodic basis; maintain checklists to ensure all scheduled entries are accounted for during the close process for
assigned operations and assigned functional accounting processes.
- Communicate with multiple levels in the organization of operating results for their respective areas.
- Review account balances, transactions and reconciliations prepared by staff and ensure account analysis is performed to understand significant accounts and ensure accounting in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Prepare quarterly and yearly audit schedules.
- Participate with other Finance groups to implement and maintain best practice accounting processes
- Minimum 3 years of GAAP accounting experience required
- Minimum 3 years of accounting experience with a SEC registrant preferred
- Sarbanes Oxley compliant environment preferred
- Four-year college degree with accounting major required
- CPA Eligible preferred
- Strong skills with Microsoft Excel (Advanced) and Microsoft Access preferred
- Revenue Recognition experience required
- Ability to identify, qualify and prioritize activities
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Must be self-motivating, hard-working, analytical and proactive
- Must be able to work well with individuals at all levels, inside and outside the organization
- Flexibility to work overtime