||Sr. Linux Engineer (CentOS/RHEL)
||The Sr. Linux Engineer is responsible for the installation, configuration, technical administration, tuning, and monitoring of the Linux (Must be RHEL or CentOS) environments. The primary responsibility is that of Engineering and Administration of the
Linux hardware and software, but works with other IT Infrastructure teams such as application and database support as part of their daily role. They will also be responsible for working with the product teams on applications and supporting all development
activities. Part of a team of engineers responsible for the definition, planning and execution of all infrastructure activities required to support Linux systems. Responsible for working with Audit and Governance teams to insure all systems are secure and
meet or exceed regulatory standards. In addition, work with Senior Level Engineers and Architects on strategic roadmap for products and tools.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
• Experience with Red Hat Linux 5.x or greater and VMWare architecture
• Experience with Networker or other Enterprise backup solutions
=• Experience with Linux performance tuning and capacity planning
• Experience with high availability architectures and concepts
• Experience with enterprise backup/restore architectures and concepts
• Experience managing SAN-attached storage in a Red Hat environment
• Experience with disaster recovery planning, implementation, and execution
• Project management experience
• Experience writing and debugging shell scripts
• Experience with an enterprise-class monitoring tool such as SCOM or Nagios
• Support and update BCP Disaster Recovery Plan.
• Problem resolution during development, rollout and production support
• Education: B.S./B.A. in computer science, engineering, information systems preferred, and/or 3-5 years equivalent formal training or work experience.
• Experience with Automation technologies such as Ansible and BASH.
• Expert knowledge of Red Hat 5.4 or higher OR CentOS
Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Linux.
• Expert knowledge of Installing, configuring, administering, performance tuning, monitoring and trouble-shooting Linux and related hardware.
• Advanced knowledge of Linux in horizontal/vertical clustering and highly available and load balanced environments.
• In depth knowledge of Linux administration and monitoring tools.
• Intermediate knowledge of Networks, databases, and Dell hardware.
• Analytical and problem solving skills; written and verbal communications, ability to creatively adapt technology to meet the business needs.
• Practical knowledge of UNIX Scripting.