Regional Director - Business Development
Oak Brook, IL OR Bloomington, MN
Collegis Education is an enrollment growth management and technology services company that offers industry-leading solutions for colleges and universities of every size in every sector. Using a proactive and analytical approach, Collegis
Education empowers education institutions to make a broader impact by providing insights that help grow enrollments, improve student outcomes and optimize expenses. With several decades of experience working within the higher education industry, the team at
Collegis Education was founded within the walls of a college and expanded to help change more lives through education. Currently, the infrastructures established by Collegis Education support more than 30,000 students nationwide.
The Regional Director will be responsible for growth of new partnerships within an assigned territory by identifying new prospects and offering Collegis solutions that solve the institutional need to better support today’s ‘always on’ student.
You will be responsible for the overall client relationship and will work collective with Collegis’ delivery team and subject matter experts to assist in closing the sale. We are open to candidates in Bloomington, MN or Oak Brook, IL.
- Responsible to prospect and create new business through the identification of targeted higher education prospects and developing business through lead generation, cold calling, conferences, etc.
- Establish and execute sales strategies that demonstrate product knowledge, presentation skills and technical understanding that effectively presents Collegis Solutions to prospects
- Build an effective team, leverage subject matter experts to help develop targeted presentations which specifically address clients' needs and business problem(s).Lead the team in preparing high quality RFP responses ensuring that all external procurement
policies have been satisfied while also insuring that legal and finance requirements have been satisfied.
- Manages and supports the process of acquisition, retention, and penetration of existing partnerships, including - researching institutional needs, securing executive sponsorship, developing proposals and negotiating contracts.
- Build and maintain an effective personal network to further build access to information, leads, contacts, etc. Develop effective relationships with key decision makers in assigned target partners.
- Follow company sales processes and appropriately utilizes corporate systems to document transactions and activities.
- Build and maintain pipeline of active prospects to accomplish quota objectives
- Manages new and existing partner accounts to ensure growth and revenue goals are met.
- Support other necessary activities including forecasting, product management and marketing issues, development of sales strategies, and departmental planning.
- Build and maintain industry expertise by participating in vertical-specific user groups and by monitoring and reporting on competitor activities and offerings.
- Ensures that new and current partners know and understand the full breadth of offerings of Collegis
- Conducts executive-level meetings on a quarterly basis with partners, reviewing client satisfaction and outline future strategy and growth.
- Understands industry trends and incorporates them into strategic plans for current and new partners.
- Adhere to the appropriate information security policies based on the sensitivity of company data and report any security related issues
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-7 years demonstrated experience with direct solution sales and consistent record of meeting and exceeding quota.
- Proven and consistent sales track record of selling complex software and/or services
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to prioritize and work with limited direction
- Ability to think strategically and critically to create processes and provide input for growth
- Excellent planning, time management, communication, decision making, presentation and organization skills
- Ability to work effectively with internal departments and a diverse group of people
- Ability to travel up to 75%
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite, with an emphasis on Outlook, Word and Excel
- Proven ability to effectively work with key client executives along with setting appropriate expectations.
- Sales experience in Higher Education and understanding of decision making framework
- Master’s Degree
For more information about Collegis Education, please visit
Collegis Education is committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status,
veteran status, or sexual orientation.