.Net Development Intern (Jr. Developer)
Oak Brook, IL
Collegis Education is seeking a .Net Development Intern to join our IT Applications team.
The Collegis Applications team supports the development needs of both Collegis and its clients. The
.Net Development Intern will work closely with software developers to evaluate and execute on internal and client needs. The ideal candidate has a working knowledge of .Net architecture and has an eagerness and interest in expanding their
If you are a go-getter with a passion for development and have an interest in working in a fast paced team environment, this position will be the perfect opportunity for you to gain broad experience in numerous aspects of development.
The .Net Development Intern will report directly to a Software Developer.
- Designs, codes, and unit tests technical solutions
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in a programming language to peers and/or management
- Understands the benefits of various design methodologies and object-oriented environments
- Identifies system deficiencies and recommends solutions
- Ability to create technical specifications and understand functional design requirements
- Ensures all development practices are in compliance with employer's best practices
- Shares acquired skills and ideas with team members through formal and informal channels
- Prioritizes multiple tasks effectively
- Communicates effectively with internal IT teams of various disciplines
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies
- Junior or Senior status at local college or university, Graduate program candidates preferred.
- Preferred Major in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 1+ years of experience developing in Microsoft development tools
- Understanding and familiarity with at least one object-oriented programming language (.NET or C# a plus) or SQL
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to take individual initiative and responsibility for assignments
- Must be detailed oriented, and possess strong analytical skills
- Ability to work in a faced paced IT team environment
Our ideal candidate will be completing his/her junior year of college this spring and will begin work this May/June (25-40hr/week) and will continue employment through the school year with the intention of being considered for a full time opportunity upon
Collegis Education is an enrollment growth management and technology services company that offers industry-leading solutions for colleges and universities of every size in every sector. Using a proactive and analytical approach, Collegis Education empowers
education institutions to make a broader impact by providing insights that help grow enrollments, improve student outcomes and optimize expenses. With several decades of experience working within the higher education industry, the team at Collegis Education
was founded within the walls of a college and expanded to help change more lives through education. Currently, the infrastructures established by Collegis Education support more than 30,000 students nationwide. For more information about Collegis Education,
please visit www.CollegisEducation.com.
Collegis Education is committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, public assistance
status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
To apply for this position, please click “Apply Online” below. Please submit a copy of your resume along with a cover letter outlining why you should be chosen for this internship opportunity.