IT Support Intern
Oak Brook, IL
Collegis Education is seeking an IT Support Intern to join their IT Support & Operations team.
The IT Support Intern position will help provide general IT assistance to employees within our central service office. They will be given direct supervision and support by our IT Support Specialist team within Collegis. The
Intern should have a strong desire for learning about technology and seeing what it is like to support IT in the workplace. The Intern will be counted on the help the IT Support Specialist Team in their day to day duties. High dependability and ability to
communicate effectively is needed while responding quickly to IT requests via phone and email. The Intern will be provided with regular trainings on how to perform the functions of the position.
If you are a go-getter with a passion for IT, customer service, education, and have an interest in working in a fast paced team environment, this position will be the perfect opportunity for you to gain valuable experience.
The IT Support Intern will report to the Manager or Supervisor of IT Support.
- Assist employees in resolving IT problems or gathering information to escalate the problem to the IT Support Specialist
- Perform software and hardware installations as directed by the IT Support Specialist
- Perform regular computer maintenance, such as software updates, physical cleaning of the work space, and cable management
- Assist with data entry from inventory and reporting
- Assist with other IT duties as assigned
- Junior or Senior status at Chicago area based university
- Ability to work 40 hours a week Monday-Friday, schedule can be flexible
- Ability to work proactively and independently on the job duties assigned.
- Ability to retain knowledge and skills being learned.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills and ease in relating to people from varying educational, cultural, and social backgrounds.
- Possess a basic understanding of Windows or Mac operating systems and Microsoft Office software, internet navigation, Collegis e-mail, and other resources.
Our ideal candidate will be completing their junior year of college this spring and will begin work this May/June (25-40hr/week) and will continue through graduation with the intention of being considered for a full time opportunity upon graduation.
Collegis Education is an enrollment growth management and technology services company that offers industry-leading solutions for colleges and universities of every size in every sector. Using a proactive and analytical approach, Collegis Education empowers
education institutions to make a broader impact by providing insights that help grow enrollments, improve student outcomes and optimize expenses. With several decades of experience working within the higher education industry, the team at Collegis Education
was founded within the walls of a college and expanded to help change more lives through education. Currently, the infrastructures established by Collegis Education support more than 30,000 students nationwide. For more information about Collegis Education,
please visit www.CollegisEducation.com.
Collegis Education is committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, public assistance
status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
To apply for this position, please click “Apply Online” below. Please submit a copy of your resume along with a cover letter outlining why you should be chosen for this internship opportunity.