Student Information System [SIS] Specialist
Collegis Education is seeking a Student Information System [SIS] Specialist
to provide SIS support to Collegis clients. The Student Information Specialist will provide technical support to the Student Information Systems including Ellucian Banner Applications. This position will interact with multiple departments in a university
setting as well as Collegis internal teams to manage timelines and deliverables.
The SIS Specialist will report to the Director of Technical Partner Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as a team member to setup and maintain end user support for the Student Information Systems.
- Communicate with software vendors and act as liaison in resolving general operational problems and technical issues.
- Perform routine file management tasks, including transferring, loading, archiving and converting data for purposes of managing, maintaining and securing student information.
- Monitor backup processes daily and as needed.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify changes in process and necessary system configuration to support the college.
- Prepare written materials (e.g. reports, memos, letters, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and providing instructions to others.
- Respond to inquiries and requests for data information from within the systems for purposes of reporting and troubleshooting.
- Organize and prepare system software documentation, procedural documentation and operations instructions to promote efficient utilization of system software.
- Perform annual system setup/configuration, including but not limited to:
- Term setup. Calendar setup, Scheduling, Attendance configuration, term grade storage, Grades, Programs
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Prioritize workload to accomplish necessary duties on schedule.
- Assist in configuration, setup and conversion of systems.
- Works closely with Business Analyst Team to identify software efficiencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of related experience
- Knowledge of Higher Education practices.
- Knowledge of Ellucian Banner Student Information systems.
- Proficient in MS Office applications specifically Excel.
- Strong communication, public relation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in oral and written form using a variety of communication techniques and tools to ensure the appropriate flow of information, collaborative efforts, and feedback.
- Ability to compose correspondence, reports, and/or other required written materials.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret information.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of student private information.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions, inquiries, and/or complaints.
- Display courtesy, tact, and respect when working with others.
Collegis Education is an enrollment growth management and technology services company that offers industry-leading solutions for colleges and universities of every size in every sector. Using a proactive and analytical approach, Collegis Education empowers
education institutions to make a broader impact by providing insights that help grow enrollments, improve student outcomes and optimize expenses. With several decades of experience working within the higher education industry, the team at Collegis Education
was founded within the walls of a college and expanded to help change more lives through education. Currently, the infrastructures established by Collegis Education support more than 30,000 students nationwide. For more information about Collegis Education,
please visit www.CollegisEducation.com.
Collegis Education is committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, public assistance
status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.