Senior Technical Project Manager
Oak Brook, IL
Collegis Education is seeking a Senior Technical Project Manager to manage the day-to-day execution of technology initiatives for our growing client base of universities and colleges. As project manager, the role will initially oversee the
successful delivery of a large technology migration project and will subsequently manage medium-to-large technology projects including system integration development, technology upgrades, and new system implementation. Projects will be managed from requirements
gathering through delivery and operational support transition. This position will interact with multiple departments in a university setting as well as Collegis internal teams to manage timelines and deliverables.
The Senior Technical Project Manager will report to the Director of Technical Partner Management.
- Initially manage a large technology migration project that will move all information technology services from another service provider to Collegis’s IT managed services
- Schedule and facilitate project kick off meetings, status, review and debrief meetings
- Plan and schedule project deliverables, goals, milestones for cross –functional teams
- Establish, maintain and communicate timelines and schedules
- Oversee projects from initialization phase through to close
- Ensure that projects move through the process and are completed on time and within budget
- Interface with Clients on weekly calls and through email
- Communicate with project team members, stakeholders and SMEs including management of expectations for project success
- Ensure that project deliverables receive the proper routing and approvals, including leadership and Compliance
- Demonstrate leadership in defining and managing project risks, escalate issues as necessary
- Provide internal stakeholder communication and progress reports that effectively outline project status, risks, issues and action plans to ensure project success
- Manage the project budget including technology, contract and employee labor, and third-party costs
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of related experience; experience with successfully managing large projects required
- Strong understanding of project management methodologies for business application projects, including software development lifecycle familiarity
- Strong oral and written communication skills with proven ability to interact professionally with team members, stakeholders and third parties
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects/tasks at one time
- Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Must be willing to travel up to 20% of the time. Will require traveling to Philadelphia, PA approximately 1 time per month during the first 12-15 months
- Broad IT knowledge including general understanding of responsibilities performed by IT teams, e.g. business analysts, application development, infrastructure teams, etc.
- Experience managing projects for universities including Student Information System (SIS) and\or Learning Management System (LMS) experience a plus
- Experience with Ellucian Banner SIS system a plus
- Competency in adapting to changing environments and ambiguous situations
- Ability to act independently with little direction
Collegis Education is an enrollment growth management and technology services company that offers industry-leading solutions for colleges and universities of every size in every sector. Using a proactive and analytical approach, Collegis Education empowers
education institutions to make a broader impact by providing insights that help grow enrollments, improve student outcomes and optimize expenses. With several decades of experience working within the higher education industry, the team at Collegis Education
was founded within the walls of a college and expanded to help change more lives through education. Currently, the infrastructures established by Collegis Education support more than 30,000 students nationwide. For more information about Collegis Education,
please visit www.CollegisEducation.com.
Collegis Education is committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, public assistance
status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.