At P.F. Chang’s our purpose is to Celebrate Life. Family. Food. Even though this is an Instructional Designer job and we are a restaurant company, this job is really about people. It’s about inspiring and engaging our team and our guests to become super fans of P.F. Chang’s. It’s about happy hours and date nights. Reminding families to connect around the table. Inspiring people to try something new. It’s a passion for everything and everyone around food, from the Chef to the Farmer to the team member rolling Dim Sum every day.
You won’t just be working at P.F. Chang’s, you will live, breathe and eat (literally) P.F. Chang’s. (Amazing chopstick skills not required but are strongly preferred.)
This is an exciting, brand new opening for an Instructional Designer who will design and develop engaging training materials that will be utilized in over 215 P.F. Chang’s restaurants across the United States. This role is based at the Restaurant Support Office (our corporate office) in North Scottsdale.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Uses instructional design and multi-media skills to design and develop new learning materials including videos, e-learning modules, workbooks, instructor guides, and job aids that will drive organization learning and results
- Modifies and updates existing training curriculum, content, materials, job aids as needed
- Collaborate with the leadership and operations team to analyze and prioritize training and development needs
- Work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to create learning objectives in order to ensure quality and accuracy of designs
- Design and deploy methodologies to evaluate, analyze and report on training effectiveness
- Review program evaluations, test results, and participant and manager feedback on training effectiveness to make recommendations for program improvement
- Act as co-administrator for the LMS, managing and uploading content, running reports, troubleshooting with users, course enrollment, and coordinating with IT Support and HRIS as needed
- Keep informed of the latest trends in instructional design and technology in training
- Provides input on how current training and administration processes can be streamlined and improved and how performance objectives for training program and assessments are aligned
- Project Management – able to meet deadlines
- Clearly communicates project progress with management
You are CURIOUS about the world around you and about the world inside P.F. Chang’s. You’ll always want to know more and teach everyone about what you learned.
You are GENUINE and accept people with respect and honor. You want to make friends with the person in Supply Chain who orders the Onions and you’ll bond with the chefs over the ins and outs of wok cooking.
You are VIBRANT and your persona is alive and energizing. You are bold and infect the world with your attitude. You love telling stories.
You are OF SERVICE and work together as a team player to do what is right for the brand and for each other.
You are A CUT ABOVE. There is honor and integrity in all that you do. There is no one like you.