||Marketing Coordinator 1
(Toronto Office – Dupont & Christie)
The Toronto Studio of Perkins+Will Canada Inc. is seeking a Marketing Designer / Coordinator to join our marketing team. This individual will be a key member of the Ontario Practice’s creative and collaborative marketing team and will eagerly support local, national and international marketing efforts by producing proposals, and assist in the coordination and designing of marketing collateral templates and graphic projects. The individual must possess excellent graphics, writing / editing, organizational skills, handle multiple deadlines in a team environment and thrive in a fast paced working environment. We are looking for someone that is willing to roll up their sleeves and see every assignment through, from beginning to end. Proficiency in graphic software programs, such as Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and Microsoft PowerPoint is a mandatory requirement. A portfolio of work and an occupational test will be required. The Marketing team is a critical contributor to the firm's success.
Responsibilities: Our ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can assume responsibility for all aspects of proposal design/development including preparing the proposal project plan, gathering and organizing proposal content and most importantly, writing and editing of proposals and request for proposal submissions. The proposal process requires a significant amount of research, technical and creative writing. He/she will also oversee and/or prepare the design and production of associated graphics: covers and layouts, organizational charts and presentations (in PowerPoint). The ideal candidate would be able to assist in the writing and editing of other marketing materials for print including project experience sheets, boilerplate material, resumes, brochures, as well as content management for the Perkins+Will intranet/internet sites. This is a fast-paced and deadline driven position. The position may involve occasional overtime.
• Must be highly proficient with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator on PC Platform
• Have a strong understanding of typography, colour, composition and layout
• Thorough knowledge of print production, techniques and preflighting
• Must be detail oriented with strong conceptual skills
• Ability to handle the design and production of a variety of projects; proposals, ads, booklets, brochures etc.
• Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Confidence and ease working with a diversity of senior staff
• Have enthusiasm when accepting direction and deliver on expectations while juggling multiple projects
• Possess the ability to work efficiently and positively under pressure and tight deadlines
• Be a motivated self-starter that will bring energy and passion to all aspects of the role
• Possess the ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Be extremely organized and able to self-direct when required and work collaboratively.
Experience & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, graphic design, communications marketing, mass media or a related field is preferred.
• Candidate must have a minimum of 3 years of experience of relevant experience, preferably with an architectural, engineering or construction firm.
• Proficiency (Mandatory): Adobe Creative Suite 5 – InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat etc. (on a PC platform) MS Office – PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
• Proficient in Design, Architectural, Engineering, Marketing, Communications field required
Candidate should be highly organized, creative and solution-oriented. They will possess strong interpersonal skills, enthusiastic and positive attitude, leadership ability, and excellent work ethic with a flexibility to work with a variety of team members, including firm principals and project leaders, to meet project demands.
Perkins+Will is an equal opportunity employer and has competitive salary and benefits. Perkins+Will only accepts applications submitted online via www.perkinswill.com through AboutUs/Careers. No phone calls or emails please. Qualified applicants should apply for this position by submitting a covering letter and resume online. We thank you for your interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
||Send This Job to a Friend