||The Psychiatrist provides direct patient care in the psychiatry unit and in other appropriate locations when necessary. The Psychiatrist acts as a team leader/member of the treatment team on the psychiatry unit, ensures the delivery of quality psychiatric care, and maintains professional competence. The Psychiatrist will act within his/her scope of practice and within the privileges granted by North Memorial Credentialing. The Psychiatrist will negotiate the visit agenda with the patient and/or guardian in order to best meet patient expectations.
Unit/Department Specific (if applicable)
Psychiatry: Team leader/member of psychiatric treatment team supervising team meetings, facilitating collaborative care and overseeing activities of mid-level providers.
Medical/Surgical floors: Providing consult/liaison services to patients referred by appropriate staff for the purposes of treatment and appropriate disposition in a timely manner. Supervises mid-level staff providing these services.
Emergency Department: Provides appropriate consultation when requested in collaboration with Emergency Behavioral Medicine Staff, Emergency Department Physicians, and staff.
Out-Patient Departments: Provides appropriate consultative services including supervision of care managers, mid-level providers and direct patient care in the clinics as requested or designated.
• Out-patient Prescriber
• 1.0 FTE (35 patient contact hours per week)
• No Call / No Evenings / No Weekends
• 60-minute new consults; 30-minute patient follow-ups
• Clinic Access M-F (day time hours)
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)