• High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Training in quality food preparation or completion of culinary school program preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
• National Restaurant Association ServSafe Certification preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
• 2+ years’ experience in grill, sauté, line or exhibition cooking.
• Experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
• Ability to compute calculations needed to convert recipe size; uses appropriate math and measurement for recipe expansion and reduction.
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information (both in written and oral form) clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience.
• Ability to be accountable for quality customer service and respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and situations.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a positive manner. Has an awareness of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings and capabilities of others.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
• Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in English.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Knowledge of quantity and short order cooking methods, including preparation techniques.
• Culinary mastery of scratch cooking.