||Emergency Care Center Technician (EMT)
||MG Emergency Department
||Part Time (Regular)
|Hours Per Pay Period
|Mandatory Call Requirement
|Mandatory Wknd Requirement
||Every 3rd Weekend
||The Emergency Care Center Technician is responsible for assisting the Emergency Care Center team by providing supportive, comforting and compassionate care to patients and families. Receives direction and collaborates with the care team to meet identified goals of the patient, shift, care center, and hospital. Regularly communicates with care team related to progress, concerns, questions, or issues that arise. Actively and consistently demonstrates the mission, vision, values and guiding principles of Maple Grove Hospital.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Monitors patient experience of care and safety through observation and collection of data.
2. Provides supportive, comforting and compassionate care to patients and families.
3. Communicates patient concerns and authorizations related to nursing interventions to assigned RN or Patient Care Facilitator.
4. Collaborates in the planning of patient care.
5. Performs treatments and procedures as required by patient care plan and within the defined scope of practice, including:
a. Preparing patient for examination;
b. Point of Care testing;
c. Administering CPR;
d. Administering EKGs;
e. Caring for wounds of injured patients by cleaning, dressing, and preparing wound laceration repairs for suturing/closure;
f. Performing adult urinary catheterization (age 18 and over).
g. Inserts IV lines by discontinuing peripheral IV; confirms placement.
h. Performs phlebotomies.
i. Applying splint per MD orders. Ensures splint is evaluated by emergency physician prior to patient discharge.
j. Assisting Respiratory Care by maintaining oral and nasal airways and mask, appropriate mask sizing and application, taping endotracheal tube after insertion, bagging intubated patients, and operation of bag valve mask.
k. Performing AED defibrillator.
l. Setting up and assisting MD with special procedures such as insertion of chest tube, central lines, etc.
m. Contributing information about physiological/psychological and future needs of patient in the ECC.
6. Collaborates with patients, families and licensed care providers to encourage patient and family participation in developing care plan.
7. Provides continuity of patient care by partnering with assigned physicians, RN’s, patients, and other care providers.
8. Identifies and responds promptly and effectively to emergent situations.
9. Serves as an advocate for patients, families, peers, and other care providers.
10. Evaluates quality and effectiveness of care provided to the patient and promotes quality improvement and shared accountability.
11. Contributes to the financial effectiveness of the hospital by working within defined budget parameters, following cost containment guidelines and providing feedback with regard to the budget process.
12. Recognizes and complies with legal and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
13. Protects patient/employee privacy and only accesses patient/employee related information as needed to perform job duties.
14. Reports areas of concern or potential violations to supervisor or other members of hospital leadership via established methods of communication.
Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer
• 1+ years’ experience as a nursing assistant or EMT in a clinic or hospital setting preferred.
• Emergency department-specific experience desired.
• Ability to be anticipatory to the needs of the patient; to take initiative, be self-motivated and a proactive, independent, accountable, dependable performer.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a positive manner. Has an awareness of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings and capabilities of others.
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information (both in written and oral form) clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience.
• Ability to be accountable for quality customer service and respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and situations.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety and infection control standards.
• Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in English.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
Per CAP requirements; copies of diplomas/transcripts and certifications required on or before first day of hire.
• Successful completion of an EMT program from an accredited school or program.
• Current BLS certification required.
• Current EMT certification required.
||• Current BLS certification required.
• Current EMT certification required.
||Per CAP requirements; copies of diplomas/transcripts and certifications are required on or before first day of hire.
Hours are 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM
||Send This Job to a Friend