||MG Imaging and Diagnostics
||Part Time (Regular)
|Hours Per Pay Period
|Mandatory Call Requirement
||Off Premise Call
|Mandatory Wknd Requirement
||Every Other Weekend
||SUMMARY: The MRI Technologist utilizes magnetic resonance imaging scanners to capture specific images ordered by a physician to aid in patient diagnosis. Must be able to closely follow physicians’ instructions, prepare and operate MRI equipment, position
patients correctly, and effectively record the requested diagnostic images. Actively and consistently demonstrates the mission, vision, values and guiding principles of Maple Grove Hospital.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensures that MRI equipment is properly set up; that proper medical and non-medical supplies are stocked in the examination room; that the examination room is clean and orderly.
2. Evaluates the request for proper examination and verify patient identity against examination orders and ensure proper patient identification on all images.
3. Informs the patient on proper examination attire and obtains patient history from patient and/or appropriate family member or guardian.
4. Explains MRI procedures to patients, informing them of the steps of the examination, and responds to questions and concerns.
5. Selects software options and imaging parameters when adjusting MRI machine as appropriate.
6. Views images and keeps records of the results.
7. Continues to educate by keeping abreast of changes in practice, technology, etc. and keeping up with policy changes.
8. Maintains competency in caring for patients of all age groups and developmental stages, and maintains competency as specifically indicated by orientation guidelines for a particular unit.
9. Recognizes and complies with legal and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
10. Protects patient/employee privacy and only accesses patient/employee related information as needed to perform job duties.
11. Reports areas of concern or potential violations to supervisor or other members of hospital leadership via established methods of communication.
||MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
• Two+ years prior MRI technologist experience preferred.
• Ability to take initiative, be self-motivated and an independent, accountable, dependable performer.
• Demonstrated ability to interact with patients, families, guests, and all levels of employees.
• Ability to be accountable for quality customer service and respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and situations.
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience.
• Effective planning, organizational and detail-oriented skills.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a positive manner. Has an awareness of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings and capabilities of others.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
• Solid PC skills to include MS applications, Internet, etc.
• Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in English.
• Must have graduated from an accredited radiology technology school.
||CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
• Must be ARRT certified in MRI or eligible within one year of hire.
• BLS certification required.
||Send This Job to a Friend