||The Dietary Associate is responsible for providing excellent customer service while taking patient menu requests and communicating dietary information for use by kitchen personnel in the preparation of meals for hospitalized patients. Responsible for accurately
identifying the patient to ensure they receive the proper diet and nutritional supplements. Follows diet manual guidelines, organizational and departmental policies and procedures. Effectively uses downtime to accomplish departmental tasks as assigned or recognized.
Actively and consistently demonstrates the mission, vision, values and guiding principles of Maple Grove Hospital.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
1. Answers the telephone to assist patients with menu selections according to specific diet orders, allergies, tolerances, preferences and departmental standards and procedures.
2. Follows meal selection guidelines.
3. Identifies when a patient needs a menu.
4. Reviews diet orders and food allergies received from nursing units. Maintains records accurately during system outage (downtime).
5. Communicates with nursing when diet discrepancies arise.
6. Communicates information to kitchen concerning meal changes, complaints, or patient discharge(s).
7. Informs dietitian when a patient has a question/concern or is not complying with diet or supplement order.
8. Calculates carbohydrate controlled diets following standards established by the diet manual and/or dietitian.
9. Assists in maintaining an adequate inventory of supplies in the diet office (menus, post-its, etc).
10. Completes other clerical projects as assigned.
11. Assists in assembling floor stock and stocking floors with food items.
12. Completes or performs patient rounding.
13. Assists with sanitation of kitchen and nutrition alcoves as assigned.
14. Assists with cold food preparation as needed.
15. Must demonstrate proficiency in the skills outlined in the Dietary Associate skills checklist.
16. Recognizes and complies with legal and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
17. Protects patient/employee privacy and only accesses patient/employee related information as needed to perform job duties.
18. Reports areas of concern or potential violations to supervisor or other members of hospital leadership via established methods of communication.
Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer
• 6+ months customer service experience, preferably in a food service environment.
• 1+ years’ of work experience in food service with a concentration in nutrition/dietetics preferred.
• Solid PC skills to include MS applications, Internet, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a positive manner. Has an awareness of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings and capabilities of others.
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information (both in written and oral form) clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
• Ability to be accountable for quality customer service and respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and situations.
• Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in English.
• High School diploma or equivalent; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Dietetics from program accredited by the Commission of Dietetics Education (CADE) or equivalent preferred. Experience may be substituted for part of educational qualifications as appropriate.
||Hours are 2:45 PM - 6:45 PM