||Critical Incident APP (PA or APRN)
||The Critical Incident APP will provide clinical care for patients at North Memorial Hospital (NMHH) and Maple Grove Hospital (MGH) as directed by its Incident Command Structure and acting Medical Directors at a time of surge or anticipated surge capacity.
Ensure that quality care and appropriate treatment are delivered to critically ill customers. In collaboration and consultation with physicians, advanced practice providers, staff RN's and other health care professionals, provide holistic, compassionate care to inpatients and their families. Serves as a consultant to the medical and nursing staff which may include medical management questions or concerns and reviews cases as necessary.
Tier 2: Critical Care - Bedside
Provide bedside care for 7-10 critically ill patients, most commonly in NMHH’s and MGH’s ICU’s, or designated Critical Care surge areas. Provide care in collaboration and at the direction of Critical Care (Tier 1) providers.
• Act as first responder to changes in patients’ care conditions, and cares for most non-critical care medical issues. Cares for critical care issues after consulting with Critical Care (Tier 1) provider
• Leverage individual skill set to assist the overall care team
Specialties included but not limited to: CRNA, Trauma, CVS, Thoracic, Pain and Critical Care
Tier 3: Hospital & Emergency Department Surge
• Provide general hospital or emergency department coverage. May work at the direction of Hospitalist or Emergency Medicine acting shift leads.
• Diagnose and perform evaluation and management services to patients on the hospitalist services or in the emergency department. Complete admissions and discharges as appropriate.
• Document care and communicate with other members of the care team.
• Specialties included but not limited to: Hospitalist, Urgent Care and Primary Care.