||Social Worker LICSW MSW
||Mental Health/Addiction PB
||Part Time (Regular)
|Hours Per Pay Period
|Mandatory Call Requirement
|Mandatory Wknd Requirement
||Weekends By Dept Rotation
||The Emergency Behavioral Health Clinician assesses behavioral and psychological needs of customers in the Emergency Department (ED) to determine level of risk of harm to self, others and/or property and provide immediate referral to appropriate level of care; renders a diagnostic impression in cases related to mental illness and chemical dependency; establishes appropriate safety plan and treatment goals.
Emergency Behavioral Mental Health Clinicians employ a brief, psychotherapy model identifying and proposing solutions to the problem, providing support and sharing stress reduction techniques to assist customer and/or family during times of acute stress and/or decompensation. Providers work in collaboration with ED Physicians, Psychiatrists, RN’s, other mental health professionals and staff in the ED and on the inpatient units to meet the needs of the customer. Services are provided to customers of all ages. Emergency Behavioral Mental Health Clinicians also provide limited case management and discharge planning for customers they have assessed.
• Master’s or Doctoral degree from an accredited college/university required. Degree in Social Work that results in licensure in the independent practice of clinical social work strongly preferred. Degrees that result in licensure as a Licensed Psychologist may be considered.
• 3 to 5 years of experience in community mental health with a behavioral medicine focus.
• Experience providing Crisis Intervention services, hospital experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of evidence-based psychotherapy techniques and interventions.
• Extensive knowledge of diagnostic criteria.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision to make clinical recommendations to Emergency Department providers, physicians, psychiatrist, detox facility nurses and outpatient providers in regards to immediate safety concerns.
• Ability to exercise mature, individual and ethical clinical judgments.
• Demonstrates superior organizational, problem-solving, interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
||Current license as an Independent Clinical Social Worker, LICSW, who fulfills the requirements as set forth by the Minnesota Board of Social Work.
• Current Licensed Psychologist from the Minnesota State Board of Psychology.
• Experience with SPMI population
• Assess level of risk (suicide, homicide, psychosis)
• Ability to make a provisional diagnosis utilizing the DSM-V
• Provide brief therapy, crisis interventions, motivational interviewing
• Ability to confidently communicate assessment and referral to multidisciplinary team members with supporting evidence
• Provide psychoeducation to customers and their families
• Knowledge of chemical dependency and co-occurring disorders
• Plan safe dispositions
• Make referrals
• 3-5 years working as a mental health practitioner
• Emergency Department experience
• Health care experience
• Knowledge of community resources
Be part of a fast-paced, well-oiled multidisciplinary team at one of America’s top 50 best Trauma 1 Emergency Departments. Use your clinical expertise in our established Emergency Behavior Medicine (EBM) team that respects your clinical judgement and needs your talent. Make a difference in the lives of those needing psychiatric interventions, assessments and referrals.
EBM is a team of clinical mental health providers who assess and advocate for customers with psychiatric needs at North Memorial Medical Center’s Emergency Department.
Team members triage customers, obtain collateral information, provide psychiatric diagnostic assessments; make treatment recommendations and offer community resources while assessing each customer’s readiness for discharge and/or transfer to an inpatient setting.
Emergency Behavioral Medicine team members facilitate crisis counseling, brief therapy, and psycho education on numerous diagnoses and symptoms relating to mental health issues. They partner with North Memorial Medical Center departments, clinics, community providers and are part of the North Memorial Medical Center’s Psychiatric and Integrative Care Unit.
Join us now at North Memorial Health. Now that’s better!
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
||Send This Job to a Friend