||Nursing Assist/Endoscopy Technician
||The Endoscopy Technician provides technical support for diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic procedures. They are responsible for assisting the physician and nurse intra-procedures with biopsies, polypectomies, and customer coaching. They are also responsible
to maintain clean and bacteria free endoscopes and endoscopy suites within the established policies and procedures. They support customer care needs by performing delegated customer care and non-customer care tasks. They also implement and abide by customer
service standards. Additionally, the Tech supports and implements customer safety and other safety practices as appropriate. Finally, the Tech supports and demonstrates Unmatched Customer Service principles when interacting with customers and their families
and with co-workers.
• Assists physicians and nurses with performing procedures and providing customer care.
• Processes tissue and bodily fluids specimens.
• Prepares and maintains endoscopy equipment and supplies.
• Performs endoscope sterilization and processing.
• Maintains the GI procedure area in a clean, safe condition.
• Ensures necessary equipment and supplies are available for procedures.
• Has access to medications appropriate to their job duties.
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• The team member is accountable to demonstrate proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
• The team member is accountable to maintain skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
• Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in North Memorial’s Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
• High School diploma or GED.
• Successful completion of a state administered certification exam for nursing assistants or completion of one (1) semester of clinical rotation within an accredited nursing program.
• Individual with previous experience in Endoscopy room set-up and tear-down, endoscope reprocessing, specimen collection, assisting the doctors and nurses during endoscopy procedures are preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Good written and verbal skills required.
• Understanding of disinfecting procedures and clean versus sterile preferred.
• Healthcare experience preferred.
• Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pathology, and medical terminology as it relates to gastroenterology preferred.
• Ability to read, write and follow directions required.