The Payroll Manager manages the preparation, documentation, and disbursement of the organization’s payroll and payroll taxes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Acts as liaison with internal and external service partners to ensure the accurate and timely preparation and distribution of the organization’s payroll.
• Manages processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, and terminations.
• Ensures appropriate withholding of taxes, benefits, and garnishments.
• Ensures the accurate and timely preparation and filing of all legally required reports.
• Monitors and ensures compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, and company procedures.
• Develops and implements approved changes to methods or procedures to improve the efficiency of the payroll function.
• Engages in all manager responsibilities requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and controlling.
• Supervisory responsibility involving staffing, conducting performance appraisals, training and developing subordinates, promotions, salary increases, terminations, disciplinary actions, etc.
• Bachelors degree, FPC, CPP preferred
• Five plus years Payroll management experience required in a multi-state, multi-location, and tipped environment preferred
• Ultipro experience preferred; restaurant experience preferred
• Strong math and analytical skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Demonstrate a strong sense of urgency in all projects and an ability to prioritize and re-prioritize all payroll issues and the ability to respond within 24 hours
• Well organized, disciplined approach to completion of tasks
• Ability to multi-task projects and required tasks
• Ability to work in a team environment as well as self motivated in individual projects
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written to all levels of the organization
||Send This Job to a Friend