||Line Chef / Line Cook
Inspired by Italian trattoria cuisine, culture and conversation, Romano’s Macaroni Grill has been proudly serving unforgettable meals that leave a lasting impression to our deserving guests since 1988 – with knowledge, care and Italian charisma infused in everything
As a leader in upscale Italian casual cuisine, we offer you outstanding career growth opportunities and a dynamic environment to showcase your leadership skills within.
The Line Chef’s role is to provide a "Guest First" service at all times, making the Guest the heart and passion of all they do. This includes friendly and timely interaction with Guests and Team Members, ensuring correct recipe and cooking procedures for all
dishes, maintaining ticket time for appropriate day part, and following up to ensure each Guest receives their correct food order
||ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepare menu items according to company recipes, FATT (Flavor, appearance, Temperature, and Texture) criteria, cooking procedures, food safety and sanitation procedures, and plate presentation ensuring proper execution of dishes resulting in a high quality
• Ready and willing to assist fellow Team Members in meeting Guest needs
• Clearly understands correct procedures in serving Guests with allergens
• Communicates ticket times and potential problems with the Expeditor, Manager, and other Line chefs as necessary
• Performs Stations Readiness Assessments (prep work and station duties) at the start, throughout, and end of each shift as required
• Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all food quality and Guest service issues. Takes prompt corrective action as appropriate
• May be assigned additional tasks in support of the business
• Minimum of 6 months related experience
• Exceptionally strong Guest focus mentality, with the ability to provide an exceptional dining experience for each Guest
• Culinary school or previous culinary management experience a plus.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, hands-on environment.
• Communicate clearly and concisely with Team Members, Managers, and Guests
• Add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
• Understand written recipes, procedures, prep lists, and other related work notes
• Manage personal work flow under time pressure and resolve questions and problems with supervisor
• Ability to stand and/or walk throughout the entire shift and work in a restaurant environment
• Subject to cleaning chemicals, heat, moisture, steam, humidity, open flames, cooking odors, refrigeration/freezer temperatures, loud noise and occasional wet floors
• Will work around knives, power equipment and cooking equipment
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED
• Food handler’s certification required
• The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member will be regularly required to stand, walk, use hands/fingers, to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear.
• The Team Member will be occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The
• Team Member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Romano’s Macaroni Grill® reserves the right to revise or change the position plan as the need arises. This position plan is not all inclusive of total job responsibilities nor does it constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Romano’s Macaroni
Grill® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Romano's Macaroni Grill® is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to building and developing a high-quality, restaurant operating company by focusing on our key values, our team and our strategic partnerships.
All qualified individuals seeking job opportunities with Romano's Macaroni Grill® will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, the presence of
non-job related medical conditions, or any other basis prohibited by state or federal laws.
||Send This Job to a Friend