About Romano’s Macaroni Grill®: As the leader in upscale casual cuisine, Romano's Macaroni Grill® offers you outstanding career growth opportunities and a dynamic environment to showcase your leadership skills.
Our Benefits Include:
- Aggressive Bonus Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance (to include domestic partner benefits)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life & Accident Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Plans
- Direct Deposit
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Complimentary Dining Privileges
- Ongoing Leadership Training
- And much more!
The Restaurant Manager is responsible for all functions on an opening, mid or closing shift to include guest relations, supervision of all staff and staffing levels, proper restaurant ambiance, food & beverage quality and safety. The Manager
ensures that the shift is run in a smooth manner and attends to any unexpected problems or emergencies that may arise. The Manager is responsible for staffing, scheduling, financial goals and staff development.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Sets the standard for service expectations by scrutinizing every aspect of the guest's experience from start to finish.
- Positively coaches team members to achieve the highest quality of service in all areas of the restaurant.
- Supports and works well with all members of the management team.
- Communicates with team members, managers and RSC staff using open communication.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude with staff.
- Demonstrates skill and care when selecting, orienting, training, coaching, appraising and terminating of staff.
- Works with managers, team members and HR on disciplinary matters and issues.
- Cross trains and develops staff to provide opportunities for growth and advancement.
- Successfully resolves guest problems to ensure the guest's happiness.
- Takes responsibility for growth and development by setting goals and seeking out knowledge.
- Maintains good energy and positive image to guests and staff during the shift.
- Conducts daily line checks for food quality freshness and standards at the beginning of each shift.
- Manages expo to ensure food quality, recipe adherence and proper plate presentation.
- Corrects any food or beverage problems before they reach the guest.
- Demonstrates thorough recipe knowledge and awareness of food and beverage quality.
- Uses opening and closing checklists at each shift.
- Follows shift plan and conducts pre-shift meetings with staff.
- Makes adjustments to staffing levels as needed to achieve labor goals.
- Achieves and maintains a clean and sanitary environment throughout the restaurant.
- Demonstrates and promotes safety awareness.
- Achieves financial goals for the assigned area without compromising food or beverage quality and service.
- Demonstrates solid knowledge of Policies and Procedures, proper use of forms, payroll procedures, reports, local applicable employment laws and employee file maintenance.
- Minimum 3 years as a manager in a full service restaurant.
- Minimum 21 years of age
- High school equivalency required
- Must possess strong leadership skills.
- Solid track record of success in previous assignments demonstrating upward career tracking.
- Strong communication skills in English (verbal and writing); Bilingual a plus.
- Perform basic math and understand finances and cost management
- Must be dependable, reliable and motivated.
- Able to work ten hour-plus shifts, with extensive standing/walking.
- May lift materials and/or product up to 50 pounds or more.
NOTE: Romano’s Macaroni Grill® reserves the right to revise or change the position plan as the need arises. This position plan is not all inclusive of total job responsibilities nor does it constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Romano’s Macaroni Grill® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
||Send This Job to a Friend