||The Service Manager is responsible for all functions on an opening, mid or closing shift to include guest relations, supervision of all staff and staffing levels, proper restaurant ambiance, food & beverage quality and safety. The Service Manager ensures
that the shift is run in a smooth manner and attends to any unexpected problems or emergencies that may arise. The Service Manager is responsible for staffing, scheduling, financial goals and staff development.
||ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Sets the standard for service expectations by scrutinizing every aspect of the guest's experience from start to finish.
• Positively coaches team members to achieve the highest quality of service in all areas of the restaurant.
• Supports and works well with all members of the management team.
• Communicates with team members, managers and RSC staff using open communication.
• Demonstrates a positive attitude with staff.
• Demonstrates skill and care when selecting, orienting, training, coaching, and appraising staff.
• Works with managers, team members and HR on disciplinary matters and issues.
• Cross trains and develops staff to provide opportunities for growth and advancement.
• Successfully resolves guest problems to ensure the guest's happiness.
• Takes responsibility for growth and development by setting goals and seeking out knowledge.
• Maintains good energy and positive image to guests and staff during the shift.
• Conducts daily line checks for food quality freshness and standards at the beginning of each shift.
• Manages expo to ensure food quality, recipe adherence and proper plate presentation.
• Corrects any food or beverage problems before they reach the guest.
• Demonstrates thorough recipe knowledge and awareness of food and beverage quality.
• Uses opening and closing checklists at each shift.
• Follows shift plan and conducts pre-shift meetings with staff.
• Makes adjustments to staffing levels as needed to achieve labor goals.
• Achieves and maintains a clean and sanitary environment throughout the restaurant.
• Demonstrates and promotes safety awareness.
• Helps the restaurant achieve financial goals for the assigned area without compromising food or beverage quality and service.
• Demonstrates solid knowledge of Policies and Procedures, proper use of forms, payroll procedures, reports, local applicable employment laws and employee file maintenance.
• Bachelor degree preferred.
• Culinary school or previous culinary management experience a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English); Bilingual a plus*
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, hands-on environment.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive and professional working relationships with all Managers, Hourly Team Members, and Guests.
• Exceptional leadership and motivational skills required – must be able to attract, train and retain the very best Team Members in the industry.
• Exceptionally strong Guest focus mentality, with the ability to provide an exceptional dining experience for each Guest.
• Ability to exercise integrity in all areas of the restaurant operation.
• Ability to perform basic math and understand finances and cost management.
• Must be dependable, reliable, and self-motivated.
• Able to work ten hour shifts, including nights, weekends, and some holidays.
• High school diploma or equivalency.
• Minimum 21 years of age.
• Minimum of 3 years full-service Restaurant Management experience
• Must receive MIT training certification.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Choose quickly and correctly among various movements when responding to different signals.
• Keep or regain the body's balance or stay upright when in an unstable position.
• Use fingers or hands to grasp, move, or assemble small objects.
• Stand for long periods of time, 11-12 hour shifts
• Hold the arm and hand in one position or hold the hand steady while moving the arm.
• Walk or run.
• Bend, stretch, twist, or reach out with the body, arms, and/or legs.
• Use stomach and lower back muscles to support the body for long periods without getting tired.
• Use muscles to lift, push, pull, or carry heavy objects up to 50 lbs.
• Focus on one source of sound and ignore others.
• See difference among colors, shades, and brightness.
• See details of objects that are more than a few feet away.
• Speak clearly so listeners can understand.
• Recognize and understand the speech of another person.
• See details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
• See objects in very low light.
• While looking forward, see objects or movements that are off to the side.
• Make fast, simple, repeated movements of fingers, hands, and wrists.
• Hear sounds and recognize the difference between them.
• Often work indoors, but may rarely work outdoors.
• Often work nights and weekends, when restaurants are busiest.
• Have a high level of social contact. They work closely with staff and deal often with restaurant patrons.
• Must be sure that all details of the job are performed and their work is accurate. Errors could result in risks to the health and safety of others.
• Help supervise, coach, and train employees.
• Often work unpredictable hours, to fill in for absent workers.
• Must be constantly aware of changing events, such as staff or supply shortages.
• Are expected to work 55 hours per week, up to 11-12 hours per day.
• Are responsible for the work of servers and food preparers.
• Are somewhat responsible for the health and safety of restaurant patrons and staff.
Romano’s Macaroni Grill® reserves the right to revise or change this job description as the need arises. This job description is not all inclusive of total job responsibilities nor does it constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Romano’s Macaroni
Grill® is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building and developing a high-quality, restaurant operating company by focusing on our key values, our team and our strategic partnerships. All qualified individuals seeking job opportunities with Romano's
Macaroni Grill® will receive consideration for employment and promotion without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, the presence of non-job related medical conditions, or any other
basis prohibited by state or federal laws.
||Send This Job to a Friend