Apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by performing the following duties with primary focus of lease administration and accounting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reconciles various general ledger accounts monthly
• Assists with monthly variance analysis as required at month end
• Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare and book journal entries to the general ledger
• Prepares or assists in preparation of schedules to be provided to the external and internal auditors
• Performs account research and analyses to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes
• Monitors and ensures compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, Sarbanes-Oxley 404 control procedures, and company procedures
• Monitors and reviews accounting and related system reports for completeness and accuracy
• Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
• Oversee period end procedures for various accounts
• Assist with technical accounting research
• Other duties as assigned.
• Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information. Collects and researches data. Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions. Works well in group problem solving situations.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively. Edits work for spelling and grammar. Varies writing style to meet needs. Presents numerical data effectively. Able to read and interpret written information.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect. Keeps commitments. Inspires the trust of others. Works with integrity and ethically. Upholds organizational values.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports organization's goals and values. Benefits organization through outside activities. Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently. Plans for additional resources. Sets goals and objectives. Develops realistic action plans.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Takes responsibility for own actions. Keeps commitments. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university
• 4-7 years related experience and/or training, public accounting background a plus
• Ability to manage multiple projects and effectively meet deadlines
• CPA license a plus
• SEC reporting experience a plus