||Director/Manager Applications and Integration
The Director/Manager of Application & Integration is a hands on director/manager role and will be responsible for technical administration for multiple enterprise applications including the accounting and financial systems, HR and payroll systems, e-commerce
systems, custom applications, interfaces and integrations services. They will report directly to the Vice President of IT and will have application admins, analysts and developers reporting to them.
This is a key leadership role in the IT department and is critical to the successful implementation and support of all technology strategies throughout the company. The successful candidate will have great communication, organization and execution skills. Building
strong partnerships with executives and team members is key and will be a part of the long term success of this role.
• Identify opportunities for greater efficiencies through process improvement, systems integration implementation of enterprise applications
• Collaboratively work with business and IT teams by offering technical expertise with current and future implementations for enterprise applications including but not limited to accounting, supply chain, e-commerce, finance, HR, payroll and reporting.
• Define and develop the technical environment for all back-office enterprise software
• Understand and support the data flow and data model for all enterprise applications.
• Manage the day-to-day activities of the enterprise application support team.
• Ensure back up procedures are designed and implemented properly for all enterprise applications
• Administrate security access/setup for users and groups within enterprise applications
• Oversee system integration for all enterprise applications
• Ensure that SOX-compliant IT policies and procedures are being followed
• Develop and manage relationships with vendors to ensure proper functionality of existing enterprise applications
• Lead application team members in the design, development, testing, integration and maintenance of custom applications.
• Analyze business processes and data flow to create and expand on current internal applications.
• Provide specialized assistance in the planning and development of new projects, conduct research and recommend procedures for successful implementation.
• Integrate custom developed applications with third-party systems.
• Develop, manage and maintain liaison with teams of end users throughout the organization to assess utilization, evaluate organizational needs, consider system enhancements and identify implementation strategies and priorities.
• Provide training and operational assistance to enable a positive end-user experience with custom applications.
• Monitor security of data to assure integrity and reliability of system stored information.
• Solicit information from and work with outside venders when appropriate to identify improvement opportunities within the scope of the position
EXPERIENCE and SKILLS REQUIRED:
• 5-8 years’ experience in enterprise applications and retail information technology architecture
• Proficiency in SOX controls and IT governance policies and procedures
• Background with Oracle environments such as Fusion, BICS, OBIE, Cognos, POS systems, .NET and C-Sharp programming a big plus.
• Experience with various database tools and utilities such as Sqlplus, Oracle SQL Developer a plus
• Experience supporting various retail ERP, SCM and HCM applications
• Experience with database maintenance, performance tuning and monitoring
• Experience with Microsoft Application Server, Azure and enterprise agreements is a plus.
• Successful experience in analyzing business processes and data flow to create and expand on current internal applications.
• Understanding of how various programming techniques can be applied in an environment to achieve optimum performance.
• Experience with integrating custom developed applications with third party systems and interfaces required
• General IT knowledge of PC, server, network, and security technology required
• Proficiency in client server architecture and enterprise application integration required
• Must understand systems data flows and major batch job processes.
• 3-5yrs management experience within a retail IT department is mandatory
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Familiar working within Saas, Paas, IaaS cloud based services
• College degree or equivalent experience in systems design and development with technical background
• Technical certifications relevant to job requirements a plus.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Ability to occasionally push/pull up to 25lbs; vision correctable to 20/20 in one eye; hearing correctable
to normal; ability to tolerate prolonged sitting and/or standing; ability to stoop, stand, use if fingers, hands and arms; ability to tolerate repeated routine tasks.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required on a daily basis to analyze and interpret data, communicate, and remain in a stationary position for a significant amount of the work day; and frequently access, input, and retrieve information
from the computer and other office productivity devices. The employee is regularly required to move about the office and around the corporate campus. The employee may be occasionally required to travel to other sites, including out-of-state, where applicable,
for business. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While the job is generally performed in an office environment, the employee is occasionally exposed
to wet and/or humid conditions, areas in which moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals are present, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the office environment is typically quiet, but the employee may be occasionally exposed
to loud noise levels.
Core hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. All technical support positions are required to respond to emergency evening and weekend support when needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Ignite Restaurants Group – RRC, LLC is an Equal Opportunity employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veteran’s status or any other protected factor under federal,
state or local law.