Group Business Segments
Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Submitted Applications
PURPOSE AND DESCRIPTION OF JOB
Assists the press operator in the operation of the press to meet or exceed safety standards, production schedule requirements, and customer specification requirements.
• Work safely at all times following Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO), safe work practice policies and procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
• Operate both unwind and rewind section of press, including roll preparation, mounting and splicing, check sheets, minor trouble shooting, festoon and roll alignment.
• Manage and maintain inventory of materials, board, varnish and supplies for oncoming shift.
• Recognize and communicate quality issues; verify order integrity.
• Participate in all make-readies, including cleaning blankets, ink fountains, changing plates, performing wash-ups.
• Participate in preventive maintenance activities, as directed by operator or team lead.
• Maintain cleanliness of equipment and area to SQF (Safe Quality Food) and 5S standards.
• Comply with all chemical safety guidelines, responsible for labeling, logging and reporting chemicals used
• Operate/troubleshoot Belco shrink wrap unit, Zebra printer, stacker unit, and ejector unit
• Recognize and communicate with warehouse personnel all materials needed by utilizing electronic schedule.
• Properly report all material usage in TWS and Pi.
• Manage and maintain waste satellite storage area (Litho waste water).
• Manage time wisely during press down time without operator direction.
• Use of measuring device(s)
• Uses equipment in order to move product i.e (Big Joe, pallet jack, Aluma-A Lift, hoist)
• Carries out environmental compliance tasks, as appropriate to the position.
This position has no supervisory responsibility
High School Diploma or GED preferred but not required.
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
• Must be able to work overtime as required by production demands.
• Must be able to identify slight color variations.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 35 lbs to shoulder height.
• Must be able to push and turn jumbo paper rolls weighing up to 1000lbs frequently with the use of roll rotating device
• Must be able to push full carts of waste material weighing up to 1200lbs to the balers.
• Must be able to climb ladder when required
• Must be able to bend and stoop frequently.
• Must be able to stand and walk 100% of working time.
• Able to use equipment for movement of product: Big Joe, pallet jack, Aluma-A Lift, hoist
Will spend 100% of time on manufacturing floor with moderate noise levels which will require the use of personal protective equipment including (but not limited to) hearing protection, safety glasses and steel toe shoes.
• Must have a minimum of 3 months of experience in the operation of industrial machinery (experience performing adjustments and repairs in a production environment)
• Posses mechanical aptitude abilities
• Understand and be able to read product specifications and make changes as necessary
• Ability to read/write in English; capable of acting to written or verbal instruction
• Basic understanding of math concept to complete production reporting requirements
• Must possess basic computer skills for use of systems: BPCS, TWI, Pi, Filemaker software
• Must have good communication, problem solving and decision making skills
• Knowledge of small hand tools and how to use them correctly
• Prior training and current understanding of Lockout Tag out concepts
• Must be able to understand the readings in a tape measure
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
This organization participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a service that verifies authorization to work in the U.S. through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S. Department of Social Security (SSA). To learn more about E-Verify, please visit
Send This Job to a Friend