Group Business Segments
Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Submitted Applications
The Plant Controller will partner with plant operations and manage the finance responsibilities for the manufacturing process of converting paperboard goods. The Plant Controller will manage the day-to-day functions of the plant accounting including, but not limited to, cost accounting, budgeting, plant efficiencies, capital planning, and inventory management. This position will also ensure the integrity of the financial records and safeguarding of assets ensuring a strong internal control environment. This position reports to the Plant Manager.
• Day to day management of the manufacturing accounting function. Develop and use tools to monitor daily performance against established targets and goals
• Analyze and track month end close and subsequent analysis of performance results using established timelines, procedures and accounting tools.
• Provide accurate cost quotes for commercial opportunities.
• Develop and monitor annual operating budget using local and corporate supplied guidelines. The monitoring of actual results to budget are done at a minimum monthly with some components reviewed daily.
• Establish and track cost saving measures. The cost saving measures are established in cooperation with the project owner.
• Establish and monitor capital funds. The request for capital funds is approved during the budget process. Throughout the year CEP’s are written requesting funds to be spent against this capital budget.
• Ensure performance of physical inventory of all paperboard, corrugate, film, and all raw materials.
• Ensure completion of all accounts payable tasks including daily, monthly, and accrual journal entries associated within the payroll function.
• Perform other tasks as assigned
Education and Experience:
• BS degree in Accounting preferred or equivalent experience
• Manufacturing experience preferred
• 10 years of progressive responsibility including oversight of cost accounting desired
• 5 years of supervisory experience preferred
• Working knowledge of BPCS or AS400
• Advanced level of knowledge of Excel
• Self-starter with the ability to communicate within all levels of the organization
Office work area is a climate controlled environment. Requires limited time in the manufacturing area (<10% of time) where it is a hot/cold, dusty and noise environment. While in the manufacturing area, required PPE must be worn. Audiovisual capabilities of speech, vision and hearing required; including peripheral vision and color discrimination capabilities. Lift light weight material with physical effort equivalent to lifting/moving materials up to 25#’s. Sitting, standing and/or walking up to 4 hours per day. Perform fine dexterity of hand movements for 2 to 3 hours per day. Work schedule is standard for this type of role. This position may require some travel.
Send This Job to a Friend