Group Business Segments
Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Submitted Applications
The Production Supervisor supervises all shift employees and complies with all Safety, quality, housekeeping and production standards.
1. Supervises all personnel and operations on the shift. Ensure the safety of all personnel.
2. Performs scheduled audits on quality, housekeeping and safety throughout the course of assigned shift.
3. Responsible for accurate production reporting and ensuring the correct quantities and products are produced.
4. Leads employee engagement and motivates team to meet safety, quality and production standards.
5. Maintains thorough knowledge of all processes and equipment.
6. Reports any process and equipment problems. Acts as a resource to resolve production challenges, including escalating to maintenance on evenings and weekends.
7. Monitors all activities in stock prep and provides direction to ensure safe, quality production is occurring
8. Completes mandatory safety training for the production team.
9. Supervises and stays engaged on training of new hires.
10. Communicates Company expectations. Promote employee engagement and establish a strong working relationship with all employees.
11. Provides evaluations and reviews all direct reports to ensure expectations are set and development needs are acknowledged for the success of employees.
12. Organizes work for safe, smooth operations.
13. Ensures that established policies, rules and regulations, mill rules, CBA and procedures are followed.
14. Verifies correct identification, and warehousing of products.
15. Distributes plant status reports to the next-shift Supervisor.
16. Verifies that all machine operator quality checks are completed correctly.
17. Responsible for all processes, equipment, employees, safety, and housekeeping of the area and meeting production quality and quantity standards on the shift.
18. Completes production reporting.
19. Troubleshoots problems.
20. Participate in CI activities. Lead the manufacturing group through shut down and start up activities
21. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of 3 years working in an industrial manufacturing environment. Preferably with Union exposure.
• High School Diploma, Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Excellent safety awareness, including understanding of OSHA standards.
• Good technical or process orientation required to learn all aspects of stock preparation and finished goods manufacturing.
• Ability to work in warm and cool ambient temperatures in all areas of the facility.
• Ability to work Twelve hour shifts with a great amount of standing, walking on concrete and across the facility. Extra shifts to cover supervisor vacations or absences may be required. Work on holidays is expected.
• Must be proficient in computer skills, Microsoft Office and must be able to learn to use other computer resources including PI, EtQ, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
This organization participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a service that verifies authorization to work in the U.S. through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S. Department of Social Security (SSA). To learn more about E-Verify, please visit
Send This Job to a Friend