Group Business Segments
Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Submitted Applications
Description of Major Responsibilities
1. Works safely at all times to avoid injury to self, co-workers, or damage to company property.
2. Perform preventive maintenance tasks on all plant equipment. Maintain accurate records and logs where applicable.
3. Maintain and repair machines and auxiliary equipment following all safety procedures and working efficiently through troubleshooting and analysis of issues.
4. Use resources available to minimize downtime and maximize running efficiency.
5. Complete records and use reporting system as required for effective performance.
6. Responsible for relocation and installation of equipment, including electrical, air and water hookup.
7. Participate in production changeovers and adjustments
8. Perform miscellaneous and/or general maintenance work and assist in check out, debug and start-up of new equipment as required
9. Work with other employees in a fully supportive team relationship to contribute to the overall goals of the work unit, department, and company.
10. Rotates into all normal Machine Maintenance job assignments as needed throughout plant departments
11. Contribute to the overall cleanliness and safety of work areas, ensuring that any repair associated with the product stream have been cleaned and sanitized using proper procedures.
12. Participate in AIB Housekeeping and Food Safety Programs. Provide plant housekeeping support.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
Work is done in a manufacturing environment. Requires twisting at waist, bending/stooping, squatting/kneeling, and climbing ladders. Incumbent will lift up to 70 lbs. on a regular basis and lift/carry more than 70 lbs. occasionally. Requires reaching at, above and below shoulder level. Must be able to work on elevated work platforms.
1. The ability to read and comprehend written or oral instruction, technical data, blue prints, etc. and the ability to communicate effectively with others and be able to work with minimum supervision.
2. Must have excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
3. Must have electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic experience including being familiar with PLC’s and PC based controls.
4. Must have the ability to work with basic PC programs.
5. Must have own tools.
6. Ability to properly use all power and non-power hand tools to safely perform job tasks.
7. Ability to operate a forklift and aerial lifts by obtaining annual certification.
Basic educational level background normally acquired through the completion of high school level programs leading to a diploma or equivalent preferred. Basic industrial electrical course, hydraulic course and/or pneumatic course preferred. Requires at least 3 years experience in manufacturing maintenance. Injection molding, thermoforming, or electrical controls experience preferred.
Send This Job to a Friend