Group Business Segments
Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Submitted Applications
Deliver company business objectives in Safety, Quality and Productivity using Continuous Improvement principles. Effectively engage direct reports and lead a cross functional team of hourly personnel within the Printing department and utilize all available resources to obtain maximum efficiency. The individual must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to lead a 24/7 Printing department on a continuous basis and to do what is needed, within plant guidelines, policies and procedures, to ensure the department and overall operation is successful.
• Lead 20+ personnel in their job assignments within the Printing Department, as well as support other areas of the operation related to printing, and ensure accountability for major plant equipment assets.
• Champion company safety and quality culture, as well as actively participate and contribute to Continuous Improvement programs and initiatives.
• Achieve Key Performance Indicators (OEE, Quality, Waste, Changeover Time) by managing the effective utilization of equipment and personnel, department budget through daily review of production data, weekly and monthly department reviews and cost-control measures.
• Optimize end-product quality both on a cost basis and by meeting/exceeding customer expectations.
• Communicate job expectations to personnel and ensure accountability to established standards/processes/practices/procedures.
• Coach/teach/mentor, provide feedback/constructive criticism and performance manage personnel. Prepare and present technical training. Assess hourly personnel skills. Routinely audit operator standard work to ensure compliance and to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Sustain a clean and safe working environment and maintain compliance with established company and customer policies/procedures (AIB, GMPs etc.)
• Work collaboratively with all functional departments inside and outside the plant (including, but not limited to, R&D, Product Development, Sales, etc.). Assist product development efforts (including customer print approvals, line trial etc.) and foster strong relationships to help build the business. Plan and conduct trials of machines, materials, and products.
• Achieve production plan and production targets by effectively scheduling and assigning personnel, and resolving safety, quality, productivity, inventory, maintenance and personnel issues as they arise.
• Understand, communicate and execute production priorities. Ensure accurate results and information is reported on shift production summaries.
• Complete all necessary personnel documentation and reports (including time & attendance) and conduct effective performance reviews.
• Manage the manufacturing process for all printed products, including waste water treatment.
• Interact with all relevant Printing Department suppliers/vendors to ensure production needs are met.
• Meets regularly with Plant Leadership to plan strategic priorities and to coordinate progress.
• Bachelors Degree in Manufacturing, Engineering, Printing, Management or equivalent.
• At least 5 years with direct, hand-on experience in Flexographic Printing.
• At least 3 years of management experience within a manufacturing environment.
• At least 3 years of Continuous Improvement experience. Previous experience with Lean/Six Sigma preferred.
• Knowledge of slitting and die cutting/blanking processes strongly preferred.
• Self-motivated, works with a sense of urgency and purpose, able to multi-task and function independently as well as in a team setting, well-organized and detail oriented.
• Must have good color perception and the ability to see, read, and distinguish letters and/or symbols.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, adapt to change and support/lead department projects.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, orally & written, with employees at all levels.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
This organization participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a service that verifies authorization to work in the U.S. through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S. Department of Social Security (SSA). To learn more about E-Verify, please visit
Send This Job to a Friend