Group Business Segments
Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Submitted Applications
Summary of Primary Purpose
The principal purpose of this position is to plan and prioritize the production of finished product and related raw materials to meet our customers' requirements. This would include material resource planning, providing timely and efficient schedules to the shop floor, and prioritizing shop orders. The incumbent will be scheduling the orders on various equipment in the most efficient manner to meet the customer’s needs while managing wip, raw materials and finished goods inventory & overtime at the site.
Description of Major Responsibilities
• Champion and participate in all company Safety and Contiuous Improvement programs
• Work directly with the Planning Manager to create efficient, accurate, and understandable machine schedules for the production departments.
• Maintain accurate raw material inventories needed for scheduling
• Participate in raw materials inventory and replenishment planning and procurement
• Monitor Customer demand and min max levels of current items and initiate new resupply and production orders
• Communicate with Customer Service and Sister Plants to ensure the information we are receiving is correct.
• Develop daily Production Schedules for a 24/7 manufacturing operation
• Using Sales forecast, develop and maintain production plans to track available capacity and staffing requirements.
• The Planner will work together with Customer Service, Manufacturing, and Shipping to provide the highest level of service to our customers. The Planner will receive customer requirements from Customer Service and Sales Forecasts and develop the most efficient and effective resourcing plan to meet those requirements.
• Efficient use of planning software and good communication skills with various departments as well as various levels of individuals is key to success.
• Visit production areas for routine activity, inventory and materials supply checks, and to deliver schedules to the appropriate departments.
• Provide manufacturing with the materials necessary to produce the items on their schedules.
• Develop Production Plans demonstrating capacity and staffing requirements relative to Forecasted demand for all products.
Incumbent works in a manufacturing. Individual will work 40 hours per week with occasional overtime. Requires sitting (40%), moderate walking (40%) and standing (20%). Will spend significant time on production floor interacting with production management and hourly work force. Required safety equipment: hair/beard net, safety glasses, and hearing protection.
High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred. A Bachelors degree a plus
In-depth knowledge of Excell, Access or BPCS Queries, and MRP concepts needed.
At least 3 years prior experience in Manufacturing. Packaging/Foodservice background also helpful
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
This organization participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a service that verifies authorization to work in the U.S. through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S. Department of Social Security (SSA). To learn more about E-Verify, please visit
Send This Job to a Friend