Group Business Segments
Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Submitted Applications
The Quality Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining the highest quality standards for our products in accordance with customer and company requirements. This individual will direct, develop and manage all quality-related activities and provide technical direction and training to the quality assurance personnel in the Goodyear location facility.
• Develop and implement cost-effective inspection procedures and techniques consistent with company and customer requirements.
• Establish and implement quality-awareness programs and develop systems to track results. Determine trends, causes and effects using statistical process control methods and report results.
• Interact with all departments on product quality, sanitation and other related issues.
• ) Maintain the substandard quality hold area and issue disposition on these materials. Work with all departments involved in customer complaints to effectively implement corrective actions that will eliminate repeat complaints. Respond to customer in writing detailing corrective actions taken to resolve the issue.
• Communicate with customer contacts concerning any issues on a regular basis. Visit customers and trouble-shoot any problems and lend support to start-up of new products. Assist customers with sampling of new materials or packaging.
• Responsible for the direct supervision of the Quality Assurance Technicians. Provide leadership, guidance, development and training.
• Coordinate activities of the pest control program.
• Serve on the Product Safety Committee and the site safety committee.
• Coordinate and execute customer audits/certifications (AIB, Siliker,BK etc)
• Other duties as assigned
Ability to read, learn, understand and consistently apply all policies, procedures including safety. Ability to see, read, distinguish letters and symbols. Ability to communicate effectively and possess good inter-personal skills. Ability to effectively supervise others. Ability and willingness to take initiative to ensure production runs efficiently. Possess a basic understanding of word processing and spreadsheet applications, preferably Microsoft Office (Word/Excel).
BS degree in Operations or related field. Minimum of 7 years experience in quality assurance in a manufacturing environment with two years supervisory experience. Food related manufacturing experience is required. Experience with SQF Certification, GFSI Certification, HACCP management system, FDA food code, pest control programs, and continuous improvement programs are desired.
Physical effort and dexterity
Note: Candidates whose disabilities make them unable to meet these requirements will still be considered qualified if they can perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation.
Ability to work in an office setting a majority of time with the ability to enter and work within the manufacturing production floor when necessary. Able to walk, stand, sit and climb stairs routinely and periodically. Ability to lift objects up to 50 lbs - unaided, when necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
This organization participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a service that verifies authorization to work in the U.S. through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S. Department of Social Security (SSA). To learn more about E-Verify, please visit
Send This Job to a Friend