Group Business Segments
Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Submitted Applications
Environmental, Health and Safety Manager
To formulate and direct policies to provide a safe and healthful atmosphere within the workplace and to comply with all federal, state, and local safety regulations.
1. Evaluates hazards within the facility for safety and health risks.
2. Develops health and safety procedures and programs for all departments and monitors safety compliance to reduce risks.
3. Maintains contingency plans, including fire prevention, and procedures for controlling hazardous spills in accordance with government regulation and insurance company requirements.
4. Supervises maintenance of material safety data sheets so they are accessible at all times according to regulations.
5. Develops inspection policies and established regular inspection schedules.
6. Supervises training sessions for emergency preparedness, confined spaces, electrical safety, machine guarding, fall protection, forklift safety and any other safety needs.
7. Maintains EPA records of hazardous waste, air emission permitting, and water pollution discharge, as well as industrial health monitoring and records of employee hazard exposure according to OSHA regulations.
8. Monitors professional literature and attends seminars to stay current with governmental compliance requirements.
9. Manages and supervises the Safety Advocates to ensure they address all hourly safety issues and perform root cause analysis on all work-related incidents.
10. Responsible for workers comp claims management.
1. Bachelor’s degree in occupational safety and health, environmental science or equivalent work experience.
2. Five years of management experience in the field.
3. Excellent skills in written and oral communication.
4. Basic computer skills with both word processing and database applications.
5. Ability to drive and inspect both outdoor and indoor areas to observe compliance with established programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
This organization participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a service that verifies authorization to work in the U.S. through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S. Department of Social Security (SSA). To learn more about E-Verify, please visit
Send This Job to a Friend