Group Business Segments
Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Submitted Applications
Human Resources Manager
Huhtamaki, Inc., a leading manufacturer of packaging for consumer-packaged goods, as well as tableware, cups, folding cartons, containers, carriers, trays and service ware for the foodservice industry and retail, has a position open for a Human Resource Manager in our Los Angeles facility. The desired candidate would have 5+ years Human Resource Manager experience in a manufacturing environment and possess a working knowledge of safety, benefits and compensation processes.
Manage the functions at the Los Angeles (Commerce) manufacturing facility, including safety, employee relations, salary and wage administration, benefits, training communications in addition to the recruiting function. Strive to continuously improve the facility to meet the needs of the company, employees and community. Represent the Company with local, state and federal agencies related to personnel, safety and public relations.
• Coordinate the safety, security, health and wellness programs in accordance with OSHA, local, state and federal regulations. Interact with team members, supervisors, group leaders, facilitators, department managers and administrative staff to ensure the safety program is managed in accordance with policies and procedures.
• Interpret and administer company policies, procedures and programs related to employment, wage and salary administration, orientation and training. Analyze the effectiveness of the policies and recommend revisions when deemed appropriate. Develop and implement site-specific policies and procedure, as needed.
• Investigate and address employee relations issues while maintaining a positive employee relations environment.
• Administer the compensation and benefits program for all employees including updating and communicating program changes.
• Maintain good employee relations and communication between workforce and the management team.
• Provide guidance, support, training and resources as part Los Angeles team.
• Maintain compliance with all state, federal and company directives; develop and maintain EEO/AAP programs.
• Maintain personnel records and files.
• Participate in corporate HR programs and act as a resource for other company HR professionals, where needed.
• Develop and/or administer employee-training programs to ensure compliance with government requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business or related field with 5+ years of HR experience in a manufacturing environment. PHR or SPHR certification desired.
Fluent in English and Spanish
Strong knowledge of California employment laws
Experience and working knowledge of safety, benefits and compensation programs.
Possess strong communication skills, both verbal and non-verbal and effectively communicate utilizing good inter-personal skills.
Possess a solid working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications, preferably Microsoft Office (Work/Excel/PowerPoint).
Minimal travel may be required
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
This organization participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a service that verifies authorization to work in the U.S. through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S. Department of Social Security (SSA). To learn more about E-Verify, please visit
Send This Job to a Friend