Manage and provide leadership and resources to the Maintenance Team in order that the facility and equipment are maintained to defined specifications, operate efficiently, safely and to production plan. Ensure that budgetary constraints are met. Direct and
coordinate the activities of the Maintenance Department. Provide improvements in the facility’s equipment reliability and the reduction of downtime from within the Sacramento manufacturing operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage the Maintenance department, ensure safety of employees and equipment, and ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
2. Manage the maintenance material budget, order materials, manage the storeroom and monitor consignment inventory.
3. Manage the maintenance staff to ensure that plant efficiency and optimization projects are meeting schedule, budget and specifications.
4. Safety of people, equipment and other maintenance related issues
5. Development and career path of Maintenance Team Members.
6. Administer Plant Policies and Procedures within the Maintenance Department
• Bachelors of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field is preferred
• Strong technical and problem solving skills in mechanical pneumatic electrical, thermal and hydraulic systems.
• Time Management Skills
• Priority Setting Skills
• Project Management Skills
• Communication Skills, both written on oral
• Strong Leadership Skills
• Listening, facilitating and confrontation resolution skills
•Requires walking (45%), standing (35%) and sitting (20%). Requires walking the production floor daily, twisting, bending/stooping, squatting/kneeling and reaching above, at and below the shoulders. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
often required to stand for extended periods of time.
•Vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
•This position requires frequent communication with internal and external request for information regarding maintenance projects or activities. Must be able to speak or exchange accurate information in these situations Environment and scheduling:
•Hot humid environment during the summer months, noise levels require hearing protection at all times on the production floor.