Group Business Segments
Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Submitted Applications
SUMMARY OF PRIMARY PURPOSE
Will be responsible for accurately packing and inspecting all products. Ensure that Production area meets Huhtamaki housekeeping requirements. This responsibility is to be exercised within the scope of all company policies, procedures, and guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Set up and adjust equipment on packaging line. Loads pre-printed film and labels, make adjustments for proper alignment.
• Start and stop machines and equipment, clear jams. Load and maintain wrapper, shrink tunnel and carton sealer.
• Tends article stacker/hand packs, palletizes articles and packages materials in a variety of methods, i.e., bundles, bags, boxes, shrink wrap, tied, etc. according to packaging specifications. Construct and assemble boxes and stage them for use.
• Inspect product for quality and visual defects. Monitors quality by visual inspection, testing, measuring and recording results as required. Communicate to Team Leader when defective product is discovered.
• Pull finished goods pallets, wrap and place into finished goods storage.
• Rotate into all normal packer job assignments as needed throughout production departments.
• Sort, repack, clean and perform other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
• Work with and through others to accomplish required tasks.
• Keep workstation, tables and work area clean and free of tripping hazards
• Work safely and follow all GMP and PPE’s.
• All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or GED required.
Experience in an industrial assembly line type environment or related type work preferred. Ability to communicate; reading and writing comprehension. Ability to follow directions.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
This position works rotating shifts and weekends. Will work in a manufacturing environment. The ability to see, read, distinguish letters and/or symbols. Requires mechanical aptitude, near and far acuity vision. Must be able to learn and retain the part numbers and distinctions among various products. Must have legible handwriting. Requires the ability to communicate effectively with others. Overtime is required.
Standing, stooping, kneeling, twisting, bending, reaching, pulling for 10+ hours during 12 hour shift. Lifting required up to 50 pounds frequently throughout the day. Tasks are performed in a production or warehouse environment which includes noise and moving equipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
This organization participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a service that verifies authorization to work in the U.S. through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S. Department of Social Security (SSA). To learn more about E-Verify, please visit
Send This Job to a Friend