Group Business Segments
Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Submitted Applications
Maintenance and Engineering Manager
Summary of Primary Purpose
The incumbent is responsible for the plant-wide maintenance function relating to equipment maintenance, building maintenance and ground maintenance. This involves the responsibility of directing and administering the Equipment Maintenance department and the Plant Maintenance department through supervisory support staff.
Description of Major Responsibilities
1. Manages all company programs including Safety, company policies and procedures, and Food Safety programs.
2. Develop department budgets, project budgets, schedules and timetables by analyzing engineering/maintenance requirements, area workload, and manpower availability. Monitor projects and ensure that timetables are met. Advise senior management of delays, problems or changes.
3. Provide primary technical leadership for diagnosing issues and improving all facilities and equipment.
4. Responsible for selection, and installation of new machinery and/or systems as well as moving existing equipment. Ensure proper utilities (i.e., electrical, water, compressed air and gas) are available.
5. Responsible for the overall maintenance to assure safe and efficient operation of the plant and machinery. Maintain an adequate inventory of parts/supplies for injection molding machines, thermoforming machines, and support equipment.
6. Responsible for both preventative and normal repair of all molding and thermoforming equipment, and its support equipment (i.e., chillers, compressed air, material handling and HVAC system).
7. Responsible for the company’s lockout/tagout program. Ensure employees are properly trained and that logs are audited and kept current.
8. Responsible for the direct supervision of the Equipment Maintenance Supervisor and the Plant Maintenance Specialist. Provide leadership, guidance, development and training.
- Ability to read, learn, understand and consistently apply all policies, procedures including safety.
- Ability to see, read, distinguish letters and symbols.
- Ability to communicate effectively and possess good inter-personal skills.
- Ability to effectively supervise others.
- Ability and willingness to take initiative to ensure production runs efficiently.
- Ability to read technical schematics to diagnose issues.
- Ability to lead major projects to successful implementation.
- Possess a basic understanding of word processing and spreadsheet applications, preferably Microsoft Office (Word/Excel),Project, Access, Project Management, CI and Six Sigma accreditation is preferred.
- Requires a BS Engineering degree or degree in Industrial Maintenance or closely related program with 3-5 years industrial, manufacturing and Maintenance supervision experience. Comparable level of education and/or experience is acceptable.
Incumbent works in a manufacturing environment and will use the following equipment: electronic diagnostic equipment, hand tools, computer, printer, copier and telephone. Requires walking (40%), standing (50%) and sitting (10%). Requires full range of body motion such as twisting, bending, squatting, climbing, reaching at/above/below shoulders and lifting up to 50 lbs. Required safety equipment: hair/beard net, safety glasses and ear plugs. Incumbent will be required to travel by plane and auto for training and exposure to new processes and equipment, visiting vendors/ customers, etc
Send This Job to a Friend